Yet another *chuckling and shaking my head* from our friend Peter King (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Stop claiming to be a sportswriter and just admit to being America's Casual NFL Gossip Columnist....

b. No player in the past three weeks has burst onto the scene as impressively as Miami wideout DeVante Parker. And I doubt any team has a better under-25 1-2-3 at the receiver position right now than the Dolphins: Jarvis Landry is 24, Kenny Stills is 24 and Parker is 23.

Broncos-Chiefs OT thriller ends with Cairo Santos doink | The MMQB with Peter King

In the immortal word of Buddy Bizarre to the chorus at the end of Blazing Saddles: "[into megaphone] WRONGGG!"

Michael Thomas, 23.
Brandin Cooks, 23.
Willie Snead, 24.

Thomas (13th) and Cooks (20th) are both in the top 20 in the NFL in receiving yards. Snead is 42nd. They have combined for 17 TDs. Thomas is 7th in the NFL in catches of 20+ yards.

The Miami three are 21st, 49th and 60th and have 9 TDs.

Prosecution rests, your honor. We recommend no jail time, but that King be forced to hire an editor who follows the entire league.

Stop claiming to be a sportswriter and just admit to being America's Casual NFL Gossip Columnist....

Broncos-Chiefs OT thriller ends with Cairo Santos doink | The MMQB with Peter King

In the immortal word of Buddy Bizarre to the chorus at the end of Blazing Saddles: "[into megaphone] WRONGGG!"

Michael Thomas, 23.
Brandin Cooks, 23.
Willie Snead, 24.

Thomas (13th) and Cooks (20th) are both in the top 20 in the NFL in receiving yards. Snead is 42nd. They have combined for 17 TDs. Thomas is 7th in the NFL in catches of 20+ yards.

The Miami three are 21st,, 49th and 60th and have 9 TDs.

Prosecution rests, your honor.
The sports media is as bad as the general news media as far as going out of their way to create and push a desired "narrative"....

Maybe I won't use the term 'conspiracy' against the Saints, but there is most definitely a bias against the Saints or any small market team. There's no serious money to be made in curating a hype narrative about the Saints, even when they are winning. It's not going to entice a lot of eyeballs to your channel as you verbally stroke the targeted fan base. If you fold in the feel good post-Katrina story there was some value there in 2009. Some.

On top of the natural bias from the tyranny of measuring every narrative by the number of eyeballs it will draw and revenue it will generate, I do think the fact there is no love lost between the league office and Brees and Payton is also a factor that consciously or unconsciously leads to downplaying anything the Saints do.

4fee42b620df5f6b4100004e_ref.jpg

Is he serious? Parker has burst onto the scene in the last 3 weeks with a single touchdown and 82 yard average?

I mean, Parker is very talented, and should be a solid player going forward. But that's really stretching his recent impact a bit I think.

But, but, but, they are only good because Drew Brees is the QB, and Brees is only good because of the system and the system is only good because the Saints play in a dome and since the dome is like 40 years old is is really not that good anymore so when using math to analyze the Saints wide receivers here is the formula:

a + b + c + d = stop reading or at least remember that these guys can't remember two weeks ago. He is bragging on an offense that scored 14 points on the Rams. The only credit Miami deserves is that they are currently 7-4 and will likely miss the playoffs once again because of a late season swoon.

It's amazing how irrelevant he is now. I honestly thought he had retired. Is he even on the NBC Sunday Night Football pregame show anymore?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom