Yet another mass shooting (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
Colorado shooters dad again. I don't think he was much in the kids life. Not sure if that is good or bad tho.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dagon isn't going to stand for unsubstantiated claims regarding OJ, especially since he was found not guilty.
"Oi! Leave my boy Orenthal alone."
dagon_by_kingovrats_dczvelv-fullview.jpg

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The Colorado kid doesn't claim Christianity. As a non-binary, my guess would be he reviles Christians.

You can be nonbinary and Christian. It's some of Jesus's supposed followers who have the problem

And anyone who shows up with a gun and starts firing at a drag show isn't a Christian, no matter what they claim.

Let's keep this in mind the next time the news identifies someone as being Muslim.

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It'd be news to his Dad, that's for sure.
True but if I was in that situation and had a dad like that I doubt I would tell him
Again, I'm not saying what is and what isn't. I'm saying let the facts come out. I am sure they are already combing through his social media and medical history

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
True but if I was in that situation and had a dad like that I doubt I would tell him
Again, I'm not saying what is and what isn't. I'm saying let the facts come out. I am sure they are already combing through his social media and medical history
To what end really?
This is not a court of law
We discuss broad social trends and then bore down when the context gets complicated
There’s probably less than a 2% chance that what his defense lawyers say is accurate bc:
- defense lawyers
- very small % of non-binary
- w/out non-binary designation he fits the profile of the great majority of mass murderers
- the infinitesimal chance of non-binary mass murderer that did not generate a metric ton of social media footprint and coverage

And then regardless of the particulars, the takeaway will be more tolerance/less hate

Considering all that ‘wait and see’ feels more like an attempt to distract the conversation than a call to prudence

Dago

Veteran
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To what end really?
This is not a court of law
We discuss broad social trends and then bore down when the context gets complicated
There’s probably less than a 2% chance that what his defense lawyers say is accurate bc:
- defense lawyers
- very small % of non-binary
- w/out non-binary designation he fits the profile of the great majority of mass murderers
- the infinitesimal chance of non-binary mass murderer that did not generate a metric ton of social media footprint and coverage

And then regardless of the particulars, the takeaway will be more tolerance/less hate

Considering all that ‘wait and see’ feels more like an attempt to distract the conversation than a call to prudence
I find it fascinating how people pick and choose when they think we should wait for more info and be objective.

It usually goes with their politics

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sign of times

Main problem with America, is that maybe only <10% of the people who drove by those two billboards , like you did, would have even noticed or cared about that dichotomy… most would have just gone on with their day and it wouldn’t faze them.. the apathy and indifference to what’s going on is staggering .

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
You can be nonbinary and Christian. It's some of Jesus's supposed followers who have the problem

Let's keep this in mind the next time the news identifies someone as being Muslim
Agreed. Have you read The Kite Runner? One of the best lines in the book is when the fellow guiding him into the city says, "And these people call themselves Muslims" when they are witness to an execution.

Reaction score
I'm not a legal mind who could judge any merit or problem with the argument. I expect there is some precedent which should apply. Or after this we'll have a precedent.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a legal mind who could judge any merit or problem with the argument. I expect there is some precedent which should apply. Or after this we'll have a precedent.

Has anyone read the note he left?
I’ve only seen reporting of it from breitbart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom