Yet Another N.O. Hotel Question (1 Viewer)

Saintvan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Me and 3 friends are coming down for the N.O./Dallas game. We are going to stay at a different hotel (we generally stay at the W on Poydras). Of the following 5, which would you select?

1) Marriott on Canal
2) J.W. Marriott on Canal
3) Omni
4) Sheraton or
5) Hilton

Thanks.

cant go wrong with any of them, as far as I know. Find the best deal out of the 5?

cant go wrong with any of them, as far as I know. Find the best deal out of the 5?

Thanks for the advice. They are all within $10 of each other which is why I chose these 5. Good to know that we can't go wrong with any of them.

Me and 3 friends are coming down for the N.O./Dallas game. We are going to stay at a different hotel (we generally stay at the W on Poydras). Of the following 5, which would you select?

1) Marriott on Canal
2) J.W. Marriott on Canal
3) Omni
4) Sheraton or
5) Hilton

Thanks.

Is the Omni the Omni Royal Orleans? If so, that's right in the middle of the Quarter so it would be great for going out before and after the game and it's a really nice hotel. The others are all nice, but a little further from the heart of the Quarter. If it's another Omni, there probably isn't much difference between them, but I'd probably go with the Sheraton.

Is the Omni the Omni Royal Orleans? If so, that's right in the middle of the Quarter so it would be great for going out before and after the game and it's a really nice hotel. The others are all nice, but a little further from the heart of the Quarter. If it's another Omni, there probably isn't much difference between them, but I'd probably go with the Sheraton.

It is the Omni Royal. The only knock I have heard about that hotel is that the rooms are very small. Although really, being so close to Bourbon St., how often are we going to be in our rooms?

It is the Omni Royal. The only knock I have heard about that hotel is that the rooms are very small. Although really, being so close to Bourbon St., how often are we going to be in our rooms?

I only stayed there once, but I don't recall the rooms being really small. But, being right in the middle of the Quarter is very nice. You don't have to worry about a long drunk walk to your room across Canal and you can even go take a break if you want.

I like the Omni. Nice pool, and you can't beat the location. The Rib Room is awesome.

DO NOT confuse the Omni Royal Crescent (Gravier and Camp Streets) and the Omni Royal Orleans (St Louis Street at Royal Street). These are two very different hotels.

If, of course, location is at all important to you.

The Omni Royal Orleans is the one almost everyone on this thread is thinking of when they think "Omni in New Orleans" - that's the hotel with the Rib Room and the rooftop deck and the pool etc. It is a four-diamond luxury hotel, one block off Bourbon Street and a block from the 8th District NOPD station.

The Omni Royal Crescent, while good for its own thing, is a 97-room hotel in the CBD, with a restaurant nobody has heard of.

If i were to choose a place to stay for the type of experience i'm guessing interests you, i would consider either the Inn on Bourbon or the Royal Sonesta.

Last edited:
DO NOT confuse the Omni Royal Crescent (Gravier and Camp Streets) and the Omni Royal Orleans (St Louis Street at Royal Street). These are two very different hotels.

If, of course, location is at all important to you.

The Omni Royal Orleans is the one almost everyone on this thread is thinking of when they think "Omni in New Orleans" - that's the hotel with the Rib Room and the rooftop deck and the pool etc. It is a four-diamond luxury hotel, one block off Bourbon Street and a block from the 8th District NOPD station.

The Omni Royal Crescent, while good for its own thing, is a 97-room hotel in the CBD, with a restaurant nobody has heard of.

If i were to choose a place to stay for the type of experience i'm guessing interests you, i would consider either the Inn on Bourbon or the Royal Sonesta.

Thanks for all this information. It is indeed the Omni Royal Orleans we are looking at. While the 2 hotels you suggest look nice, we're the kind that like the energy of Bourbon Street, until it's time to rest. Then, we want off Bourbon St., get a good sleep, and do it all again the next day. This was one of the reasons I was staying away from Bourbon St. Hotels.

Just a suggestion I'm going down for the Panthers game and I'm looking at condo's. Been looking at Craigslist under vacation rentals.

As a side note if anyone has a vacation rental I'm going to be coming down Nov. 6-11th and am looking for a 2 bedroom it's just going to be my girlfriend me and my 11 year old so don't have to worry about us partying too much.

I stayed at the JW Mariott a few weeks ago and found the location to be perfect! Just 2 blocks from Bourbon, close to Harrahs, not a bad stroll to the dome. I really enjoyed my stay there, and Shula's is a BIG +.

We stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans for our honeymoon. It's a VERY nice hotel. The staff were probably the nicest and friendliest I've ever encountered in N.O. The location was great. There is a great bar by the pool, too.

Jan

The Royal Orleans is prob the best choice. Its far enough off Bourbon that you wont hear the party all night long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom