yet another national media post (1 Viewer)

I would agree with everything but the bold. Payton was yelling so much yesterday. I was laughing so hard.

agreed, i was thinking more in the press conferences - he doesn't have those great jim mora lines (ie you're not likely to see him on those AWFUL coors/coach press conference ads) - so again he's hard to "brand"

I still, on the other hand, do not know why all of this matters.

to me it doesn't matter to me - i'm glad it's the way it is -i was just noticing LOTS of media/disrespect posts and wanted to put my $.02 - i think the less media attention the more team cohesion we'll have so i say keep the favre, vick, TO circus going

I don't know what you guys have been watching but the saints have been getting loads of coverage and attention from ESPN and other media outlets, last week they had multiple Saints topics on the national shows PTI, around the horn ,first take. So far today they have been featured on first take and I'm sure they will get some more mentions as the day goes on. Everyone has been saying Brees is the best qb at the moment in the NFL, obviously that will cool down a bit after his game against eh Bills, but the respect has been there.

I don't know what you guys expect but to me they are getting a huge amount of media attention. If you think getting respect is them talking all Saints all the time, they could go 16-0 and never get that.

For the last two weeks I have seen countless posts about this "lack" of respect, and that is completely untrue, they are top 5 in the majority of power rankings that the various media outlets publish, I don't know what you guys want, it's only 3 weeks into the season no one is going to be talking about the Superbowl yet, but a lot of Saints fans and people on this board are acting like everyone should be talking about the SAints going to the superbowl and nothing else

All being said just remember that Sports Writer is not the Dream Job for most serious journalist. No Ivy Leaguer Journalist Grad has Sports Column at the Daily Wipe on his/her short list. We get what we sow....

With all the love Revis is getting with the Jets, how come it's never mentioned what shutted down TO all day?

Ah, c'mon, it was playcalling (not throwing to him enough) and poor throws on Edwards' part, not Jabari Greer. Thought everyone knew this.

here's what i think is the problem national media has with the saints - they can't craft a narrative:
- they were trying with the "second coming of the greatest show on turf"/no D; then we get more yards on the ground than the air???
- brees is not not a media QB (by his choice as much as the fact that he's not the "ideal" qb type they all love) - he reads from the crash davis interview answer guidebook
- reggie is our only marquee player and he falls between beast and bust - what's the media to do with that?
- many of our best contributors are late round draft picks or UDFAs (people that didn't have much college notice)
- last week's star might not produce anything this week
- on D we're good at most/all the positions but no single group is stellar
- shockey & hargrove aren't behaving shockey & hargrove like (as the media would like them to)
- coach is more "think-y" than "yell-y"

the saints are a TEAM - and our fantasy football/solo stats media doesn't handle that well
to talk about the saints you have to talk about actual football plays - there are no soap operas here, no prima donnas
what's the national media to do?

Outstanding post!!

SP and Co. doesn't want high profile brats on this team, I belive for the most part being a team player type is priority one(something like the Patriots)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom