Yetur Gross-Matos (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would love for the Saints to get this guy in the draft. We need another pass rusher outside Cam Jordan. Davenport can't stay healthy and this dude along side Cam if Rankins can stay Healthy as well Brown we would have a great D-line

Drafting DL or OL early is never a bad plan. But one of these days were gonna have to draft a QB. I'm wondering if this is the year, or if SP believes hes already got our guy in the building.

Personally, I wouldnt mind finding another elite WR.

He won't last 'til your pick. If Kinlaw is going by 16, the Falcons have already expressed interest in the young man.

If that happens and the Clowns get him... then I’d want the Saints to sign Vic Beasley to a “prove it” deal and have him be the speed Edge rusher the Saints need

Think about this: The Saints spent two 1st round picks to go up and get Davenport in 2018. Yetur looks like a Davenport clone. Davenport and Hendrickson have both dealt with injuries over the past couple seasons. Regardless of team needs or which prospects I like, I'd be kidding myself if I said I think the Saints would pass on Yetur at 24.

Marcus Davenport
Height: 6'6
Weight: 265
Arms: 33 5/8
40 Time: 4.58
Bench: 22
Vert: 33.5
Broad: 124

Yetur Gross-Matos
Height: 6'5
Weight: 266
Arms: 34 7/8
40 Time: 4.52
Bench: 20
Vert: 34
Broad: 130

Last edited:
It's a highlight video, so of course every play is a good one. Don't know anything about him really, but looks good from this video and his measurements. I would consider DE a need, although maybe not a top one. Cam's getting older and the other side has problems staying healthy/making an impact. If he's available and is BPA, I certainly won't mind.

Think about this: The Saints spent two 1st round picks to go up and get Davenport in 2018. Yetur looks like a Davenport clone. Davenport and Hendrickson have both dealt with injuries over the past couple seasons. Regardless of team needs or which prospects I like, I'd be kidding myself if I said I think the Saints would pass on Yetur at /4.

Marcus Davenport
Height: 6'6
Weight: 265
Arms: 33 5/8
40 Time: 4.58
Vert: 33.5
Broad: 124

Yetur Gross-Matos
40 Time: 4.52
Broad: 130

And considering how much the FO focuses on prototypes, that would make a lot of sense.

And considering how much the FO focuses on prototypes, that would make a lot of sense.
He's got those 35" arms like Cam Jordan, with the athleticism of a Davenport. I slept on Davenport as a trade up candidate in 2018. Not sleeping on a guy like Gross-Matos after that.

Not to mention how insane our pass rush would be if Davenport and Yetur can both realize a quarter of their potential. I'm surprised fans haven't been "banging on the table" for this guy.

Plenty of talk about Anzalone/Alonso having injury concerns, but Davenport and Hendrickson both seem to deal with injuries on a yearly basis as well.

I believe positional value puts a DE like Gross-Matos higher up our board than say a LB like Patrick Queen.

Wouldn’t be mad. Cam Jordan can’t play forever. Like always saints will go BPA

If that happens and the Clowns get him... then I’d want the Saints to sign Vic Beasley to a “prove it” deal and have him be the speed Edge rusher the Saints need
Ignoring the fact that he's actually not an impactful player? His one big sack season came on an unusually high conversion of a quite lacklustre amount of pressures into sacks. When that anomaly ended, so did his production.

I watched a lot of Gross-Matos and he has a lot of potential. Ryan Nielsen could have a field day coaching this kid. Watching PSU it seemed like YGM was always in the opponents backfield disrupting the play.

I doubt he's still on the board but if he is then he'll probably be the best player available. If Davenport comes back healthy then great, you can never have too many pass rushers. If Davenport continues to deal with injuries then YGM would provide a viable replacement.

I just realized (IMO) the best comp for the type of player Yetur can be.

Yetur Gross-Matos
40 Time: 4.52 (Unofficial)
Broad: 120

Chandler Jones
Arms: 35 1/2
40 Time: 4.87
Vert: 35
Broad: 120

Would love to have Yetur on the team and while most think we have plenty of playmakers and depth on the d line, I do not. Depth maybe. But not playmakers outside of MD and Cam...and as the OP stated MD can’t seem to stay healthy.

I get that there are some concerns with Davenport and whatnot, and I get that you can never have too many pass rushers.

But it will be so disappointing if we draft yet another edge player with our first round pick. At some point we have to address some other positions with quality. There are probably half a dozen positions I'd rather us draft players at, and at least one of them should be the best player when we pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom