Yetur Gross-Matos (1 Viewer)

QB is a wasted pick in the first round especially without a #2. The first round pick needs to be a player that can come in and contribute this year. This is a win now season, not time to build for the future. The heir to Brees is with T. Hill or a FA signing after this season. Remember when Sean Payton took over. He had a choice : sign Brees or take the QB from USC, can’t remember his name. Drafting QBs is the biggest crapshoot in the draft.
If Love falls past the Patriots, don't be surprised if the Saints take him. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to trade up to get him.

The problem is only having one LB who is likely to play more than a third of the season. Enormous need. And I think that the value is there at #24...a handful of very good LBs who can be available. That’s the position on this team that you have the chance to step in day one and be an immediate upgrade. I think that the drop off from the LBs in round 1 to round 3 is pretty steep.

Agree, a 3 down linebacker would be the best bang for the buck at the first round.

I think by the time we pick, I. Simmons, K. Murray and maybe P. Queen may be gone. That would not be a big problem since Zack Baun can come and play the SAM for us, he is decent covering and very good blitzing.

A couple of different approaches can be possible also:

- Take Xavier McKinney and let him and/or Malcolm Jenkins to play rover. That will give us great flexibility on second and third downs (although I think the priority is alway to be strong against the run).

- Get a big body defensive end and allow Marcus Davenport to play "joker" attacking from either the line or linebacker positions, outside and inside. I have always believe Davenport is not a traditional defensive end, I think he is better when he is able to move.

It may seem that we are late in our position to grab an elite prospect. That's fine. We can go many ways to bring more flexibility and creativity to our defensive schemes.

If Love falls past the Patriots, don't be surprised if the Saints take him. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to trade up to get him.

Actually, if Love is still available, I expect Mickey will be receiving very interesting calls to trade down.

After Love, I don't see any other quarterback that could claim a starting position in the future.

Agree, a 3 down linebacker would be the best bang for the buck at the first round.

I think by the time we pick, I. Simmons, K. Murray and maybe P. Queen may be gone. That would not be a big problem since Zack Baun can come and play the SAM for us, he is decent covering and very good blitzing.

A couple of different approaches can be possible also:

- Take Xavier McKinney and let him and/or Malcolm Jenkins to play rover. That will give us great flexibility on second and third downs (although I think the priority is alway to be strong against the run).

- Get a big body defensive end and allow Marcus Davenport to play "joker" attacking from either the line or linebacker positions, outside and inside. I have always believe Davenport is not a traditional defensive end, I think he is better when he is able to move.

It may seem that we are late in our position to grab an elite prospect. That's fine. We can go many ways to bring more flexibility and creativity to our defensive schemes.

I agree with everything you said. I think we will have three good LB prospects available for us at #24, and would be a nice combo of need/value. I agree that McKinney is a huge sleeper pick. I mean, would it surprise anyone if the Saints were ready to move on from Marcus Williams in 2021? It also wouldn't surprise me if the Saints got an insurance plan for Davenport. The Saints could probably go about 7 different directions in the first round. LB is the biggest immediate need.

This is a very interesting idea. With McKinney, Jenkins, and CGJ you'd have three players who can do a variety of things and line up all over the place. The Safety part of the depth chart would look great.

If Love is there and he’s the highest player on our board he’s the pick. It’s gonna be BPA, or trade up or trade down. It’s never need. NOW they do take into account need when they make their big board and it helps them place players.

If Love is there and he’s the highest player on our board he’s the pick.

As I said, If Love is there, then we may get some love for our pick. Teams will be more then willing to trade to our position to go and grab him.

This dude plays with no fire or aggression extremely raw as a pass rusher and only thing he does well is set the edge in the run game. This guy is a poor mans Taco Charlton and that's saying a lot. Let some other team make the measurement mistake.

HARD PASS

Check out the tape guys, it's pretty pathetic... looking like an NFL player does not make you an NFL player, much less a first round pick

I see what you’re saying. Skipped the 40 too. Would have liked to see his speed

I would love for the Saints to get this guy in the draft. We need another pass rusher outside Cam Jordan. Davenport can't stay healthy and this dude along side Cam if Rankins can stay Healthy as well Brown we would have a great D-line

you don't know that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom