Yo Dads.... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I got a search for ya...

Can you surf up the map of the relocation of I-40 through OKC. Might be called MAPS project, but am unsure...

Just want to see the proposed route...

Thanks Joe

Thank You PoP.. That's perfect and what I was looking for... I have saved the Maps....

What is going to be intereesting in all this, is what direction the land from the former i-40 is going to become... Once that old bridge comes down 'The i-40 Crosstown bridge", that will make for a clean up of the concrete dead zone... I have the feeling that they would like to push the bricktown movement towards the river..

SoonerJim would be an interesting read to know his thoughts on this.

and thanks again

Joe

No problem. I know OKC sparks some ire around this board, and as a native Tulsan it can do that to me too, but they do deserve some real credit for having the will to raise some tax money (darn hard to do in Sooner land!), use the money creatively ("Oklahoma River," indeed), and start fixing up that town.

Many years ago my family had a business where Shields Blvd. is now, so it got eminent-domained and moved to a better part of town. Best thing that coulda happened--that area was centrally located but that's about all you'd say for it. Now it looks like the new I-40 is going overhead in more or less the same place.

Joe, I think DD is house hunting in Texas this week, IIRC.

Oh wait! What about the Saturday morning cartoons? :idunno:

If he's not back by tomorrow this will throw off my weekend ritual. I need my Saturday funnies, Dammit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom