You be the judge. (1 Viewer)

Angle. That is the key.

The pylon cam showed the tip crossing. Dead on with goal line.

Every other camera shot was from and angle. Simple geometry. Even the overhead was not over the line, but inside the end zone looking down, but at angle. Therefore you would have to adjust the sight based on the degree of angle.

NFL can't seem to get that right.

Think this way, if you cut a 10x 2 piece of wood length wise, and u have a 5 degree angle on your blade, you won't have 2 inches at the end of cut. More like 1.

So the camera is looking down 20 ft but what is the angle?

Better yet, position over goal line instead of a yard inside goal line. (or sideline cameras at the 1)

Look at my post above. It shows the angles. It was short unfortunately.

Angle. That is the key.

The pylon cam showed the tip crossing. Dead on with goal line.

Every other camera shot was from and angle. Simple geometry. Even the overhead was not over the line, but inside the end zone looking down, but at angle. Therefore you would have to adjust the sight based on the degree of angle.

NFL can't seem to get that right.

Think this way, if you cut a 10x 2 piece of wood length wise, and u have a 5 degree angle on your blade, you won't have 2 inches at the end of cut. More like 1.

So the camera is looking down 20 ft but what is the angle?

Better yet, position over goal line instead of a yard inside goal line. (or sideline cameras at the 1)
Oh, I get it...just saying that given the clips available I can see the refs doing what they did.

That one I don't particularly see as malicious or incompetent.

That is one that could gone either way, but I have seen that called incomplete as many times as a fumble.

On the Brees TD there was only one angle that looked close All the others cast serious doubt. I guess you could argue inconclusive but looked short to me.

I agree

I do think he could have been short, but I also think bc of the angle that went directly over the goal line seemed like he got it over. The play should have stood, bc lack of conclusive evidence. I dont see how you overturn it when it was that questionable. You called it a TD on the field, I think it has to stay a TD

This is clearly a catch fumble. I went back to the 2018 seasons game against the Giants, and PJ Williams caused a fumble the exact same way. Wow ,just wow. The difference is, in the game vs the Giants the refs called this a catch fumble. The NFL need full time refs.
Nice find. Only difference is I’m not sure he got both feet down in the Bears game, but for whatever reason, it looked more like a catch with control than the Giants one.

Think our bias is getting the best of us here. The “catch/fumble” was not a catch. He was in the process of securing the ball and never had complete control of it. I’d even venture to say the Giants catch/fumble in the other clip shouldn’t have been ruled a fumble.

if we were to be on the other side of it, everyone would be screaming “it’s not a catch!!!” I just try to be unbiased about these things.

The Brees dive was short. And even he acknowledged it. 1 camera angle had it close. The other 4 angles had it nowhere near. Objectively speaking, it wasn’t a TD. None of it matter because we still won by multiple scores.

Didnt a similar play happen in chicago thia year? I think it was the te kmet. Anyone got a clip?

With all the gps technology available these days, I don't understand why they can't put some sort of chip on both ends of the football for spots like the Brees play.

How hard could that be? You can always make some mathematical adjustment for however deep in the ball the device/devices have to be.

With all the gps technology available these days, I don't understand why they can't put some sort of chip on both ends of the football for spots like the Brees play.

How hard could that be? You can always make some mathematical adjustment for however deep in the ball the device/devices have to be.
They can, they choo$e not to

Think our bias is getting the best of us here. The “catch/fumble” was not a catch. He was in the process of securing the ball and never had complete control of it. I’d even venture to say the Giants catch/fumble in the other clip shouldn’t have been ruled a fumble.

if we were to be on the other side of it, everyone would be screaming “it’s not a catch!!!” I just try to be unbiased about these things.

The Brees dive was short. And even he acknowledged it. 1 camera angle had it close. The other 4 angles had it nowhere near. Objectively speaking, it wasn’t a TD. None of it matter because we still won by multiple scores.
Humans cannot speak objectively
It’s been demonstrated time and again that we have inherent biases and a variety of biological differences in perception (different rods, cones, taste buds, skin sensitivity, cochlea, et al
We also have notoriously inconsistent memories and often faulty memories can override clear video/audio evidence
All of which proves you and saint spud are wrong😜

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom