You be the judge. (1 Viewer)

Humans cannot speak objectively
It’s been demonstrated time and again that we have inherent biases and a variety of biological differences in perception (different rods, cones, taste buds, skin sensitivity, cochlea, et al
We also have notoriously inconsistent memories and often faulty memories can override clear video/audio evidence
All of which proves you and saint spud are wrong😜

my inherent bias would be that I try to be unbiased then lol

Didn’t they rule that play down the sideline with Sims, I think it was, incomplete even after review? He took like 3 steps, fell, then didn’t survive the ground. Surviving the ground shouldn’t matter at that point 5 feet out of bounds. I felt the Bears got hosed on that one. If I remember correctly and that was ruled incomplete, then I can see why they ruled the catch/fumble incomplete. But I thought they both were catches.

Didn’t they rule that play down the sideline with Sims, I think it was, incomplete even after review? He took like 3 steps, fell, then didn’t survive the ground. Surviving the ground shouldn’t matter at that point 5 feet out of bounds. I felt the Bears got hosed on that one. If I remember correctly and that was ruled incomplete, then I can see why they ruled the catch/fumble incomplete. But I thought they both were catches.

that was ruled a catch (and it should have been)

No it was ruled complete

I thought so too. So I brought up the game paused it and checked the perspectives. Unfortunately, the pylon cam angles off the goal line so it gives you perspective. The two other shots had a completely vertical goal line so it was a good angle and the ball was short.
Is it really that hard to get a chip in the ball? Soccer has had it for years

Agree on both.

Something seemed off on those sideline angles. The officials called it a TD immediately and the pylon cam supported that.

But yeah, I immediately knew that was an incomplete pass. Never had control even when he started what could’ve been considered a “football move.”

When he turned he was practically palming the ball which to me is a 'football move.' If he had turned over the goal line, gotten hit and lost it...they would've called it a TD. I could see it getting called either way but it looked like a catch to me.

My biggest gripe about the play is the refs didn't let it play out, so they obviously haven't learned anything from the last few year. It should've been called a TD then reversed, they originally called it that way then backed off. Had it turned out to be a fumble we would not have been given the defensive TD.

I thought they did let that play run out? I didn't hear a whistle and the one ref that was near the play kinda ran with it from what I remember.

I thought they did let that play run out? I didn't hear a whistle and the one ref that was near the play kinda ran with it from what I remember.
yeah, it was a mess and i could be wrong, but if we ended up challenging it then it had to be ruled the other way right?

yeah, it was a mess and i could be wrong, but if we ended up challenging it then it had to be ruled the other way right?

Scoring plays are automatically reviewed so I don't think we had the option to review it. Even if we did have the option there is no way they would've overturned their own call on the field. We saw proof of that last year.

Ball is secure in both hands (not moving) and he is pivoting upfield (football move)

Now I’ve said before that there isn’t enough video evidence to overturn whichever the call was on the field - but on the field it should have stayed a catch and fumble

I agree completely, overall the refs were really good in the game but they missed this one. I mean why didn't they keep the call on the field and then review it?

Scoring plays are automatically reviewed so I don't think we had the option to review it. Even if we did have the option there is no way they would've overturned their own call on the field. We saw proof of that last year.
right, but what i thought happened was they called it down and since it wasn't a scoring playing after their call we threw the challenge flag to try to get the fumble. meaning if they had overturned it we wouldve gotten it at that spot instead of the TD.

kind of like the rams play last year when they didn't let it play through and we got hosed. this one was a lot closer than last year but regardless, my original line of thought was they shouldve let it play through and called it a scoring play so that we wouldnt have had to challenge it and it wouldve been reviewed automatically.

The refs did a good job letting it play out. No whistles until after the TD, but then the decided on the field that it was not a catch, not a turnover, not a TD. So since this was not a turnover or score, no automatic review. Saints had to challenge. Due to ratings, I mean "inconclusive video evidence", the call on the field on incomplete stood.

Really, I could see that call go either way. I figured they would not overturn the call on the field. But I think it was enough of a football move to call it a fumble.

right, but what i thought happened was they called it down and since it wasn't a scoring playing after their call we threw the challenge flag to try to get the fumble. meaning if they had overturned it we wouldve gotten it at that spot instead of the TD.

kind of like the rams play last year when they didn't let it play through and we got hosed. this one was a lot closer than last year but regardless, my original line of thought was they shouldve let it play through and called it a scoring play so that we wouldnt have had to challenge it and it wouldve been reviewed automatically.

That's right. Forgot the overturned their own call forcing us to challenge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom