You can’t blame the refs (1 Viewer)

I dunno, when you spot a ball like a yard away from where it should have been, it may not mean that you're actively trying to affect the outcome, but it's either that or you're really bad at officiating .... in a high profile, primetime game.

if this is simply just a case of refs being incompetent, when are we going to get bad calls that go in our favour? I've been waiting since the Rams playoff game but I know even then that wasn't the first case just one of the most obvious

if this is simply just a case of refs being incompetent, when are we going to get bad calls that go in our favour? I've been waiting since the Rams playoff game but I know even then that wasn't the first case just one of the most obvious
There were two I noticed. Malcolm Jenkins led with his shoulder but hit the ball carrier or receiver helmet to helmet. There was a running into the kicker that wasn't called. Both would have been ticky tack but could have been called

Please just watch other games. I am a homer I agree, but I have been a high school ref for 5 years, They don't call us the same way they call other teams. They called OPI on Taysom Hill when it was within the rules. They called a THIRD horse collar tackle penalty on us when NONE of them were horse collars. Other DB get away with MURDER and we get flagged for ticky tack fouls. GB ran a clear pick play on MJ and they swallowed the whistle.

Bottom line, refs still salty at us for calling them out for the Rams miss call

The refs were pretty bad, when the TV official states that they're flat out wrong on multiple situations , something is off. While I hate Collinsworth, it seemed like after every flag against the Saints he'd start off with "I mean, I guess?"

But I do agree that this was an extremely undisciplined game. Why can we never seem to cover a TE?

Collinsworth is a douche. I swear the way he was gushing about Rodgers I almost believe he wanted have his baby.

Look *puts on tinfoil hat* the NFL loves the Rodgers on a revenge tour angle, and they want the Packers to be successful overall.
Unfortunately, the media is all over the “Brees is washed” talk, and now they’re picking up on the “most penalized team” storyline as well... that bodes poorly for the Saints.

The Packers were the team they wanted to win...
Same with the Raiders when they were debuting their new stadium in their new city, facing long odds vs “a loaded” Saints team....

Now they head to Detroit, and the good news is nobody cares about Detroit... and the Lions are coming off of an upset win against the Cards. The Lions should be primed for a letdown game and a reality check...

I expect Lattimore to show up ready to play against Golladay, but Marvin Jones Jr could be a problem vs Janoris. Hockenson is also a threat.

The refs did not cause us to lose. The poor defense, Sean's play calling and Taysom's fumble all played a big role. But the refs played a part in the loss and if they are better the Saints have a better chance to win. But yeah, refs aren't even close to biggest reason we lost.
I disagree. Yeah they played bad, real bad but they managed to stay close enough that a couple of those bad calls not happening and there's a very good chance we pull it out. Maybe not but that's not even close to the point is it? We weren't allowed the opportunity. We don't need help sucking. We've got that down all by ourselves.

Now they head to Detroit, and the good news is nobody cares about Detroit... and the Lions are coming off of an upset win against the Cards. The Lions should be primed for a letdown game and a reality check...

I still have nightmares of what Stafford has done to us lately.

That guy tore us a new backside hole in 2015 and 2016. In 2017 he almost brought his team back from a 45-10 deficit in the 3rd quarter.

Stafford is going to destroy us. Healthier Golladay too.

I still have nightmares of what Stafford has done to us lately.

That guy tore us a new backside hole in 2015 and 2016. In 2017 he almost brought his team back from a 45-10 deficit in the 3rd quarter.

Stafford is going to destroy us. Healthier Golladay too.

Stafford is certainly capable of it, and he has weapons... but if the Saints D-line and pass rush can wake up, that would be the difference. Detroit does not have a very good OL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom