You can’t blame the refs (1 Viewer)

I mean.. You definitely can say the penalties are lopsided.. Jenoris 1st PI was PI.. But the second? And some of those other calls were ridiculous.. And the hold on Lattimore and such.. There is a lot to clean up but the penalties are definitely lop sided against us

Both calls on Jenkins on that last GB TD drive were obvious PI's.

Refs were awful, as they have been for years against the Saints. It’s starting to look like it goes beyond incompetence. The Jenkins horse collar. The push off on the tight end The 4th down spot. The PI on Taysom when he was within 1 yd of the LOS. I’m not into conspiracies, but I have to believe there’s something nefarious going on.

I mean, yeah I guess you can, but this team is undisciplined. My 5 year old daughter has more discipline than these guys.

Blame the refs, but we are letting them throw flags due to our lack focus.

We are one of the most penalized teams over the last two years (I believe we are in the 2nd most penalized team). The refs can hate you, but at some point you have to admit, you are not disciplined.
Yes you can....... last week the Raiders had only 3 penalties called on them the whole game. This week, the Packers only have 2 penalties called on them. They really screwEd up the spot on the Packers 4th and 1. We may have issues, but the lack of competence the officials have makes these games feel one sided against the Saints

Yes you can....... last week the Raiders had only 3 penalties called on them the whole game. This week, the Packers only have 2 penalties called on them. They really screwEd up the spot on the Packers 4th and 1. We may have issues, but the lack of competence the officials have makes these games feel one sided against the Saints
The refs are a problem, but bad penalties happen to every team. We aren’t one of the most penalized team because the league has an ax to grind against us. We are not a disciplined team.

I couldn't believe that spot on 4th down when it was completely apparent the runner didn't even get close to the line to gain. Ridiculous the Saints had to challenge that. PI on a totally uncatcheable ball. A horse collar call that wasn't. Rogers grounded the ball and no call. OPI on Packers TD that wasn't called. An OPI call on Taysom Hill that wasn,'t. Lattimore was totally held right in front of the official, no call. Its to the point where its appalling and unwatchable. Going back to last year, the penalties are so lopsided something is amiss. I still think they're taking it out on Payton due to the PI challenge rule he got instituted, which they then intentionally made it fail so it can be done away with. Its professional wrestling at this point.

The 2nd PI on Janoris Jenkins in the end zone was bunk... the “push-off” on the Marcedes Lewis TD was obvious and uncalled ( at least a 4 pt difference... a hold on Lattimore on a big A Jones run uncalled... The horse collar that wasn’t...

I couldn't believe that spot on 4th down when it was completely apparent the runner didn't even get close to the line to gain. Ridiculous the Saints had to challenge that. PI on a totally uncatcheable ball. A horse collar call that wasn't. Rogers grounded the ball and no call. OPI on Packers TD that wasn't called. An OPI call on Taysom Hill that wasn,'t. Lattimore was totally held right in front of the official, no call. Its to the point where its appalling and unwatchable. Going back to last year, the penalties are so lopsided something is amiss. I still think they're taking it out on Payton due to the PI challenge rule he got instituted, which they then intentionally made it fail so it can be done away with. Its professional wrestling at this point.

100%. If the refs were a random generator of crap, I wouldn't blame them. But no one who watched that game can say this was random. There was a clear trend.

Eternal optimist here---I'm really hoping it smooths over in the next 3-4 weeks---we played Brady on his first game as a Buc, the Raiders on their first night in Vegas, and Rodgers in prime time. Detroit/Chargers/Carolina are not exactly known for getting the same amount of ref love---here's to hoping the playing field levels out a bit moving forward

The refs are a problem, but bad penalties happen to every team. We aren’t one of the most penalized team because the league has an ax to grind against us. We are not a disciplined team.
Yes bad calls happen, but not this many in one game. I counted at least 6 bad calls against us that when combined, gave the Packers an insurmountable advantage. Bad officiating is making these games dang near unwatchable.

On the Packers lone punt we were lucky not to get a roughing to punter flag.

I’m just saying, bad calls happen, the refs might be mentally challenged, but we aren’t doing ourselves any favors.

The refs are a HUGE problem. How can you blindly make these statements when we got jobbed from the Superbowl 2 years ago and this craap is still happening.

Receivers from other are taught to grab and hold our dbs and then we get caught for dpi

Total bs, opponents get to mug us and we can't do anything. Push offs in the end zone...no prob

I mean, yeah I guess you can, but this team is undisciplined. My 5 year old daughter has more discipline than these guys.

Blame the refs, but we are letting them throw flags due to our lack focus.

We are one of the most penalized teams over the last two years (I believe we are in the 2nd most penalized team). The refs can hate you, but at some point you have to admit, you are not disciplined.

Well when three blown calls lead directly to 17 points and the Saints lose by seven then yes you can absolutely blame the refs!!

My biggest complaints about the officials tonight were the horse-collar on Jenkins and the 4th and 1 spot. The reason these 2 bother me the most is because in each case the refs called something that they didn't see. They didn't see it so they must have assumed it. You can't make calls at this level based on a feeling. From a distance the horse-collar may have "looked" like a horse-collar, but the refs could not have actually seen it happen. Because IT DID NOT HAPPEN!. Think about that for a second. Neither of the 2 refs that threw their flags on that play could have possibly seen it happen. How is that acceptable in this league?

Same with the 4th down spot. They actually marked the spot a yard and a half ahead of the runners forward most progress. Again, they assumed it but it is not possible they saw it. If you don't see it, don't call it. It's that simple, and the league should not tolerate officiating that incompetent. But they will. The NFC Championship game and the response by the league afterwards made that clear.

/Rant off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom