You can jump over the line? (1 Viewer)

It's easier when their lineman holds our snapper down by the collar:

d12a9da7110289156a697a3083a68722.jpg

If this is legal, which I don't really know if it is or not, why is not every team doing it? Just have your inside guys on all kicks just jump on the center's back.

in that situation they had nothing to lose by getting an offsides penalty so why not.

I'm livid and will be for some time. guaranteed this loss keeps us out of the playoffs.

Isn't this like a play they show in the Madden commercials? I thought it wasn't legal at the time, but I have to confess I don't really know how they interpret the rule. So I went looking for the leverage rule and I got this: You cannot use any player from your team or the opposing team to catapult yourself to block an Extra Point or Field Goal.

I'd have to see it again, but I thought he did jump over Drescher with a hand on him when I was seeing it live. I don't know if that's what happened and really would like to see it again.

The part I didn't catch was the DLman holding Drescher by the helmet. The picture we have in this thread is not very good so I can't tell if that's what really happened, but you'd assume that'd be some kind of penalty. Anybody know for sure? Can the defender hold the OLman on an XP if he wants to?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LS Justin Drescher said the Broncos just timed the jump perfectly.</p>&mdash; Larry Holder (@LarryHolder) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryHolder/status/797914553027694593">November 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What do you expect him to say?

The guy jumping didn't push off so no leverage penalty. Well timed unfortunately. As for holding, I doubt you would get that because the blockers are taught to go low. But the guy did step out of bounds. White on white with no green in between. We lost that game on turnovers though.

Not to worry. When the still photos come in showing the foot on the line, we will get an apology.

You can block the LS after the ball is snapped. You can't line up anyone head up on the snapper though.

It was a legal play.................I do think the return man stepped out of bounds though!!............:aargh:

Yes you can block the LS but you can't hold them down to let another defender get thru . D holding should have been called .

Isn't this like a play they show in the Madden commercials? I thought it wasn't legal at the time, but I have to confess I don't really know how they interpret the rule. So I went looking for the leverage rule and I got this: You cannot use any player from your team or the opposing team to catapult yourself to block an Extra Point or Field Goal.

I'd have to see it again, but I thought he did jump over Drescher with a hand on him when I was seeing it live. I don't know if that's what happened and really would like to see it again.

The part I didn't catch was the DLman holding Drescher by the helmet. The picture we have in this thread is not very good so I can't tell if that's what really happened, but you'd assume that'd be some kind of penalty. Anybody know for sure? Can the defender hold the OLman on an XP if he wants to?

I have watched this several times now, I'm a gluten for punishment I guess, but that was 93's intent, he went straight to the center to push him in the back to allow the other man to jump over. Clearly has be be unsportsmanlike at the least.

If this is legal, which I don't really know if it is or not, why is not every team doing it? Just have your inside guys on all kicks just jump on the center's back.

This picture explains why the center never stood up after he hiked the ball. He was held down at the snap. The defensive player that jumped the center, was lined up a couple of yards. That play was designed by the Broncos. I just watched the replay again and it shows the Broncos DL hold our OL's head down when the ball is snapped to allow the leap over his back. The Broncos didn't have anything to lose but everything to gain on that playcall.

Yeah seems teams have discovered that this year. Have the rules changed ? Or just ST coaches discovered a glitch ?

Yeah seems teams have discovered that this year. Have the rules changed ? Or just ST coaches discovered a glitch ?

One special teams coach studied the rules and came up with a one-trick scheme to try and win the game at a critical juncture.

The other called a game so stale the other team knew exactly when the ball would be snapped.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom