You Don't Win Turning the Ball Over, and Anazlone is Terrible + Future Thoughts (1 Viewer)

I know the defense got put in tough spots... but where was the vaunted defensive line? Jordan and Hendrickson were nowhere to be found and Brady was allowed to do whatever he wanted.
This is why I never can fully buy into Dennis Allen.

We are in better shape.

But playoffs, big games, something doesn’t show up...

Well what do y'all think about Cam Jordan? He didn't show up all year, is it just a bad year or is he done?

He either played injured or he had a severe drop off. His age suggests the latter.

We were a playoff team last four years. Don't think that changes w/ either Taysom or Winston.

Now, if by some miracle we go and get Watson, we are contenders.

We were a playoff team last four years. Don't think that changes w/ either Taysom or Winston.

Now, if by some miracle we go and get Watson, we are contenders.
I think it does. Each playoff loss the last four years, Brees has come out and looked like he's got a dead arm. He's either started off slow or just been a dream killer in each loss.

Teddy isn't on the team anymore. We played some pretty bad teams when Taysom was playing. One was a QB'less Broncos team. I really don't think we will be okay. We aren't going to be the Jaguars next year but we could be close to Carolina maybe.

You're missing the point. His record with backups shows that Payton knows how to pick and develop QBs. And I like our running and defense. With a QB with more downfield passing ability than Brees has shown over the last few years, we might even see improvement in that area of the game. Although there will almost certainly be a falloff in the short passing game and the thread-the-needle type plays Brees continued to be good at.

It's been the same the last 4 years. When we get to a good playoff matchup and things tend to equal out, we don't have a qb who can make a play. I love Brees but I said it last year. I didn't want to see this same movie again yet that's exactly what we got. I don't regret it. Who could complain about a. 12-4 season and a playoff win. But if the goal is the super bowl we simply have to have a playmaker at QB and Brees doesn't have it in him anymore. Too much has to be perfect around him and that's not realistic at this point in the tournament.

Regardless, it's been an amazing time that has redefined the organization.

It had gotten like watching an old favorite movie one too many times. Knowing every twist turn and how it would end. Drew should have left after last season. We wasted a good defense this year . I'm confident with whoever Payton trots out there.

With Brees riding off into the sunset, I don't see Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston leading the team next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom