You Don't Win Turning the Ball Over, and Anazlone is Terrible + Future Thoughts (1 Viewer)

I know the defense got put in tough spots... but where was the vaunted defensive line? Jordan and Hendrickson were nowhere to be found and Brady was allowed to do whatever he wanted.
I was literally standing right in front of the tv 99% of the game and I never saw them.

With the way this game played out, I'm starting to think Brees got injured or reinjured in practice but they put him in the game because they knew he was all set to retire. It's like they expected to lose this game, there was a feeling of inevitability from the 3rd quarter on. There was no urgency from the players at all.

His game plan today was designed to prevent the chunk plays. So we were gashed by the run and gave Brady all day to throw the ball.

And that game plan might have worked with fewer than 4 turnovers. With only 2 turnovers, there might have been a shot.

That was the game changing play no doubt with Cook ...Not laying out for a pass and fearing a hit in the playoffs which he did on an earlier drive wasn't good either, need show more heart and desire in the playoffs and less Eli Manning faces after screwups. This ain't Oakland bro

Normally we make great second half adjustments coaching and execution wise, today we continued to throw passes behind the los and into the teeth of a stacked line over and over again. We did not even try to stretch the field. Even worse was DA rushing 4 versus max protect the majority of the game and just doing the same til the game ended, Brady looked as comfortable as he was at a massage parlor. Just terrible DA in big games the talent excuse is long out the window, we should be damn near a Legion of Boom with this talent and we choke choke choke scheme wise no half time or any quarter adjustments for that matter , just same lost DA

Troy seemed to be almost laughing at one point, "They just keep sending four" yes Troy we do

With the way this game played out, I'm starting to think Brees got injured or reinjured in practice but they put him in the game because they knew he was all set to retire. It's like they expected to lose this game, there was a feeling of inevitability from the 3rd quarter on. There was no urgency from the players at all.
This is another thing though, pattern wise.

2017 came out like zombies and ended up losing.

2018 they started fast but faded

Last 2 years the vibe has been really flat, even in the Chicago game. No intensity.

Resign Winston, resign Kwon...Anzalone is good depth but not a priority FA if he's a FA but he won't command big money from a team so I wouldn't be mad if we brought him back

Use the draft to keep building and resign those permanent FA (Lattimore, Hendrickson, Kwon) add to the interior of the offensive line (still needs talent there) and add some speed at Recievers to compliment Winston's arm talent and to compliment the talents of our big physical recievers (Thomas, TQS and Calloway)

The Saints should continue to roll and people will be talking about how they didn't miss a beat with Winston taking over and the talent from this upcoming draft should help usher in the Winston era.

I see a 11-5 team at worse next season. This is still a very well run organization with Payton and Loomis at the helm.

Payton going to be in a class of his own in "Won One and Done".
He has underachieved in epic fashion with a first ballot HOF QB. Only 1 SB in that stretch. It will be interesting to see how long he stays if Drew is done. With the salary cap gutting this team, we might well be in the dark ages again as someone has said. Maybe Jameis will work out, but I just don't see it. Maybe Sean can rebuild this team into a contender. I don't see it happening next year, though. Hope I am wrong.

He has underachieved in epic fashion with a first ballot HOF QB. Only 1 SB in that stretch. It will be interesting to see how long he stays if Drew is done. With the salary cap gutting this team, we might well be in the dark ages again as someone has said. Maybe Jameis will work out, but I just don't see it. Maybe Sean can rebuild this team into a contender. I don't see it happening next year, though. Hope I am wrong.
If they can keep the defense stable and the OL, then he can continue to win if they hit on some WR deep threat talent.

He coached much better without Drew and maybe that will be the case going forward.

But I am still so PTSD on his defenses over the years I have trouble buying in that Allen will keep this up or get the defense beyond middling overall. But, hey, middling is something relative to worst of all time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom