You Gotta Help Me - Why Isn't Teddy Our Starting QB after Brees? (1 Viewer)

Taysom can't Teddy, you know start an actual regular season game at QB.
Teddy can't Taysom = Fact
Taysom can't Teddy = Opinion

I like Teddy, he has shown he can play the position. But I don't believe he is our future. He is a game manager at best. He certainly cannot do what Taysom has done.
Taysom has not had the opportunity to show us just how well he can play the position, but SP seems to think he can. Everything Taysom has been asked to do, he has done well. QB is his natural position and I believe SP will have him ready.
Just my $.02

You're right, Teddy can't run around, throw inaccurate passes, and get injured because he's only capable of "one read and run" football. Bridgewater is a better and smarter player than that.

He certainly cannot do what Taysom has done.

What exactly is that? Play wide receiver? I guess you're right. Bridgewater is a quarterback, not a wide receiver.

SP seems to think he can.

Clearly. Most coaches put their future franchise QB on punt team and spend a ton of money on the highest paid backup QB in the NFL to make sure that said "future franchise QB" never sees the field as an actual quarterback.

Time will tell, my friend! We both have our opinions, and that is exactly what makes this forum great.
I really like Teddy. I wouldn't be too upset if he is our starting QB next year other than I really want to see what Taysom is actually capable of. I think Teddy has shown his ceiling, and we haven't seen Taysom's yet. I have a feeling we may get to keep Teddy, only because he won't get the interest from other teams some here think he will.

I like Teddy, he has shown he can play the position. But I don't believe he is our future. He is a game manager at best. He certainly cannot do what Taysom has done.
Taysom has not had the opportunity to show us just how well he can play the position, but SP seems to think he can. Everything Taysom has been asked to do, he has done well. QB is his natural position and I believe SP will have him ready.
Just my $.02
That's not an opinion if you have no evidence of TH actually doing this in a regular season game.
Fact= Teddy was drafted as a #1st round pick to play QB in the NFL
Fact=Teddy has proven to be an effective NFL starter being voted to the pro-bowl one year and going 5-0 with the Saints this past year.
Fact= Taysom was an undrafted FA of the Packers
Fact= Taysom has never started a NFL regular season game
Speculation/Opinion= Teddy would show improvement in a full time role in SPs offense
Speculation/Opinion= Taysom can be a NFL starter at QB.

That's not an opinion if you have no evidence of TH actually doing this in a regular season game.
Fact= Teddy was drafted as a #1st round pick to play QB in the NFL
Fact=Teddy has proven to be an effective NFL starter being voted to the pro-bowl one year and going 5-0 with the Saints this past year.
Fact= Taysom was an undrafted FA of the Packers
Fact= Taysom has never started a NFL regular season game
Speculation/Opinion= Teddy would show improvement in a full time role in SPs offense
Speculation/Opinion= Taysom can be a NFL starter at QB.

OK, I get it. You like Teddy. I have no problem with that. Most Saints fans like Teddy, including me. He is a wonderful guy, his teammate seem to love him as well. He has been, and should be a starting QB in the NFL again. If we keep him, he will win us some games, I just don't believe he will take us to the promised land. I also don't believe there will be as much interest in Teddy as a starting QB across the league as others here believe. He may get offers, but I will be surprised if he is starting for a top tier team next year. I hope for his sake he does though.
I don't know if Taysom will get us there either, but I think he has more potential to do so.
I don't think either are gonna fill Drew's shoes. A new game plan will need to be implemented for either Teddy or Taysom.
What would make me happy is for Drew to come back for one more year and split reps with Taysom, and for the Saints to draft a young QB prospect. I would like for Teddy to go to an AFC team and do well.

OK, I get it. You like Teddy. I have no problem with that. Most Saints fans like Teddy, including me. He is a wonderful guy, his teammate seem to love him as well. He has been, and should be a starting QB in the NFL again. If we keep him, he will win us some games, I just don't believe he will take us to the promised land. I also don't believe there will be as much interest in Teddy as a starting QB across the league as others here believe. He may get offers, but I will be surprised if he is starting for a top tier team next year. I hope for his sake he does though.
I don't know if Taysom will get us there either, but I think he has more potential to do so.
I don't think either are gonna fill Drew's shoes. A new game plan will need to be implemented for either Teddy or Taysom.
What would make me happy is for Drew to come back for one more year and split reps with Taysom, and for the Saints to draft a young QB prospect. I would like for Teddy to go to an AFC team and do well.
It's really not about like because this is a outcome driven field. I just think Tedy is the more practical choice. Neither guy is going to be able to fill Drew's shoes. To my knowledge only the niners and GB have had HOF QBs back to back, so the odds are against us. We'll being drafting a QB high soon more than likely.

Just my $.02
Teddy is currently an actual NFL QB with an impressive winning percentage and a Pro Bowl to his resume. Taysom is a part time-QB who couldn't stay healthy for a single season in college, is inconsistent as a passer and an exciting athlete.

Why would Teddy want to Taysom?

Teddy is currently an actual NFL QB with an impressive winning percentage and a Pro Bowl to his resume. Taysom is a part time-QB who couldn't stay healthy for a single season in college, is inconsistent as a passer and an exciting athlete.

Why would Teddy want to Taysom?

Let's be fair to Taysom. He did complete one season in college. He finished with a 53.9% completion percentage, which ranked him 132nd out of 164 college quarterbacks. :cheer:

Time will tell, my friend! We both have our opinions, and that is exactly what makes this forum great.
I really like Teddy. I wouldn't be too upset if he is our starting QB next year other than I really want to see what Taysom is actually capable of. I think Teddy has shown his ceiling, and we haven't seen Taysom's yet. I have a feeling we may get to keep Teddy, only because he won't get the interest from other teams some here think he will.

1st) PAPACHUCK - really classy post. LC made some excellent points. A perfect example of fun disagreement on a topic with respect and no hatred. Good on You Bro!

2nd) After what Coach Pete told me today that's now, I think, on page 113 or 114 of the Coach Pete Burrow thread, I'm not sure the Saints think Teddy has reached his ceiling. But I just like the way you handled all this. At the end of the day, none of us know for sure and after we win our next SB, we will all be too busy hugging each other and crying that no one will care much

I’d rather take the gamble, re-sign Taysom for one more year in his Swiss army role in 2020 then starting in 2021 let him compete for the starting job between a vet QB this offseason we could sign like Carr or Mariota or draft one and Brees comes back and plays one last year in 2020...Appreciative of Teddy keeping us in the hunt for a top seed all the way to Week 17 but the Jags, Rams and l Cowboys games and even Seattle where special teams bailed us out are enough for me to see he’s not SB material and that’s the end goal at the end of the day. Sure he could probably still get us in the playoffs but we’d be out in a hurry...Id rather go for broke and see if we can create some Ravens type magic with Taysom in 2021 while extending our SB window by a year and re-sign Brees for 2020 for one last run ????????

1st) PAPACHUCK - really classy post. LC made some excellent points. A perfect example of fun disagreement on a topic with respect and no hatred. Good on You Bro!

2nd) After what Coach Pete told me today that's now, I think, on page 113 or 114 of the Coach Pete Burrow thread, I'm not sure the Saints think Teddy has reached his ceiling. But I just like the way you handled all this. At the end of the day, none of us know for sure and after we win our next SB, we will all be too busy hugging each other and crying that no one will care much

Thats nothing like what you posted in your other Pete thread from your conversation today. You are all over the place. You didnt mention the Saints opinion at all, just that Teddy loves NO.

Thats nothing like what you posted in your other Pete thread from your conversation today. You are all over the place. You didnt mention the Saints opinion at all, just that Teddy loves NO.

1) I don't tell everything Coach Pete tells me about the Saints, often because I want to stay away from topics that could make that Coach Pete - Burrow thread toxic again for you mods and Andrus 2) I'm not a reporter. I don't make a penny out of any of this and I don't plans to make a penny out this. I'm too busy running my own business. I PMed this to keep it off the main thread. But if you are curious everything he said, here's what I PMed from what Coach Pete said today. And let's call this all "Claimed Insider Info - Speculative," again to try and make your jobs as mods easier

1) Brees is more likely to return if he thinks he has a chance to mentor Burrow. That really gets him excited as his goodbye present to the Saints and Fans
2) Sean Payton loves Teddy Bridgewater and is not afraid at all of going forward with Teddy as the starter if we can't get Burrow or Brees doesn't return. Teddy will give a discount to stay in New Orleans. And Teddy is fine with being backup, getting paid nice bucks and staying healthy waiting for his chance to lead a SB caliber team.
3) But if Teddy gets offered a bundle by a team that has a legit SB chance, he could very well take it (that was not in the PM)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom