You guys think Hau'oli Kikha would be back this season? (1 Viewer)

would be a nice swing of luck to have him come back and stay on the field given all the injuries we've dealt with in the past few years. dude seems like a natural minus the health issues. 3 ACL surgeries is pretty rough though.

One of the better linebackers in the league (Thomas Davis) has come back from 3 knee surgeries, so hopefully he can as well.

I do remember Payton saying something about this surgery was to a different part of the ACL than the previous two (one of which was supposedly to fix the botched first surgery) IIRC.

So, yeah, I sure hope he comes back healthy and picks up where he left off after the first half of his rookie year before they tried to move him to a traditional SLB instead of just a pass rusher.

I don't know about the different part of the ACL but I do know it was to the other ACL. And you are right about the first 2 surgeries, the 1st surgery didn't work so they had to do a 2nd one. So he's only torn each ACL once, I'd say he could come back and totally be fine. Question is can he stay healthy.

I don't know about the different part of the ACL but I do know it was to the other ACL. And you are right about the first 2 surgeries, the 1st surgery didn't work so they had to do a 2nd one. So he's only torn each ACL once, I'd say he could come back and totally be fine. Question is can he stay healthy.

Are you sure this isn't the same knee as the first two surgeries? I could've sworn it was, but I have **** for brains lately and can't seem to remember anything correctly.

Are you sure this isn't the same knee as the first two surgeries? I could've sworn it was, but I have **** for brains lately and can't seem to remember anything correctly.

It's the other knee. He's had 2 surgeries on one (one of them was to fix the botched first surgery) and this last surgery was to the other knee.

Kikaha will be back and he will carry on with what he did his rookie year as a rush end and have better results

3 acl's is a pretty big deal. i hope he comes back strong but i wouldn't bet on it...

I think he can be more than just a rotational piece in a defense.

He has started 11 games in his career, and has 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 passes defensed, and was 8th on the team in tackles. So I don't think getting productive snaps from him is going to be a problem going forward. He's just got to stay healthy.
Yes. If he comes back healthy, great, but we need to assume he won't for sure. Is it April yet?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I just think that having his knee fixed by a top notch doctor for a change will fix his problems. Remember that nikovich had knee issues also and we gave up on him. Look at what he is doing now!

We knew from the beginning that he was a 'Hail Mary'. Terrible injuries were why he fell in the draft. We were hoping to get lucky. We may, still, but don't invest in the thought.

Fell in the draft? We drafted him with a top 50 pick, if anything we was regarded as a reach. Same as Anthony, no one but us had him rated as a first rounder.

Best case scenario is that we draft a good de in the first this draft and kikaha becomes a pure third down pass rusher. And if the rookie shows skills he can stay on the field with Cam moving inside in third down passing downs.

Given his injury history, it would be a mistake for the team to count on him. If he comes back and produces, super. But given his lack of speed and injuries in college, he was drafted too high.

Fell in the draft? We drafted him with a top 50 pick, if anything we was regarded as a reach. Same as Anthony, no one but us had him rated as a first rounder.

Best case scenario is that we draft a good de in the first this draft and kikaha becomes a pure third down pass rusher. And if the rookie shows skills he can stay on the field with Cam moving inside in third down passing downs.

Or the rookie can move inside on 3rd downs too. How does Kikaha, Thomas, Cam, Bowser sound for a 3rd down pass rush?

He'll be back and probably will rotate with who we draft and sign in FA (we will address our needs before the draft) and will have his moments but I think it's about him being reacclimated to the field will be what this year will be about for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom