Question You have to give up one of the major sports. Which do you let go forever? (1 Viewer)

Basketball is an utterly worthless sport that is four quarters of people trading points back and forth and then a final few seconds to see who scores last. As a game, it is so poorly structured and designed that I can't even pretend to care.

Basketball is an utterly worthless sport that is four quarters of people trading points back and forth and then a final few seconds to see who scores last. As a game, it is so poorly structured and designed that I can't even pretend to care.

Too much fluoride intake Sun. That’s why you can’t care. ?

I can get into checking the final scores.

But I can't watch it. It's just an awful sport to watch for me. The flopping, the lack of action, and even the announcers getting excited that a guy passed the ball for the 50th time just annoys me.

The fact that it's an international sport means nothing to me.
Wait.........wait wait wait
You call US out for NASCAR and then you do this?
How’s that work?

I can get into checking the final scores.

But I can't watch it. It's just an awful sport to watch for me. The flopping, the lack of action, and even the announcers getting excited that a guy passed the ball for the 50th time just annoys me.

As compared to flopping looking for a flag?
As compared to waiting 25 seconds or more between plays that last 5 seconds or less?
As compared to announcers getting excited that a guy passed the ball with his hand for the 50th time?
:hihi:
If you don't like it, you don't like it, but ...

I’m trying to catch up (grocery day) has Chuck said what he’d give up?

I’ll admit I made the thread with him in mind. My sports loving SR friend. ?

This is probably the most poorly designed and constructed argument against basketball I've ever seen. :oops:

The good teams score on maybe 50% of the shots they attempt. The GOOD ones. If anything basketball is one of the most action packed, fluid sports out there. Extremely well designed. You don't have these constant stoppages of play like football and baseball. Then no constant swapping of personnel since the 10 people on the court play both ends (offense and defense). And the fact that the people that play the sport are some of the largest human beings on the planet that are basically physical, super athletic ballerinas.

Then there is as much if not more strategy involved. Everytbody has to be on the same string led by the point guard (again on both ends), so its not a sport for the dumb.

If I'm letting a sport go golf is definitely top of the list followed by soccer.

My top 3:
Basketball of any level
Pro football
Boxing

Last edited:
Other than football couldn’t really care. Baseball is the most boring game in the world to me. I know some people love it. Always thought it was boring. NBA I don’t care about until the playoffs generally, then I just watch the good teams. Used to be into it more, less now. So keep football. Dump the rest of it.

Lol.
I honestly think Chuck would go HAM on anyone who tried to take any sports from him.
And that’s after they snipped his manhood.
He don’t play.
maybe maybe not
we were just skype watching the great british baking show (don't bother asking him, he;ll deny it - still sensitive, as it were)

when i was on tour in europe, Sky Sports was the UK/Euro version of espn
during daytime hours they only showed racing
any racing
all racing
car racing, bike racing, horse racing, camel racing (i'm serious)
chuck would be all over that channel

Lol.
My tired functioning (barely) eye read that as Caramel racing. My interest was so piqued. ?

And Guido, Chuck would OWN that channel. Literally.

when i was on tour in europe, Sky Sports was the UK/Euro version of espn
during daytime hours they only showed racing
any racing
all racing
car racing, bike racing, horse racing, camel racing (i'm serious)
chuck would be all over that channel

I like stuff racing stuff. It’s the purest of competition: first one across the line wins, plain and simple. If you ain’t first, you’re last

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom