You know... it really wasn't that bad. (1 Viewer)

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I know.. I'm a hopeless optimist, but I really didn't think this was a gloom and doom game. The Saints moved the ball well... we left lots of points on the field through dumb mistakes against a team that knows how to exploit those mistakes.

I'm feel pretty good that this team won't be making those kinds of mistakes on a consistent basis.

The Ravens deserved to win the game, they were very well prepared and their offense was able to move the ball effectively. Still, I feel pretty good that this team can clean up those mistakes and continue to play good football.

Jim, the Ravens clearly came to play with their backs to the wall and two straight losses. We also helped them make it look easy with far too many penalties and mistakes. That being said, during a season every team will have a day like today and now we have to see Coach Payton get everyone back on the same page in an important Divisional road game next week. My bet is we will come out with fire and win going away....

I agree. this isnt a haslett team but our MLB straight up stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is creating problems for us. He isnt very good at all. I still think we will make the playoffs.

Yes, I know.. I'm a hopeless optimist, but I really didn't think this was a gloom and doom game. The Saints moved the ball well... we left lots of points on the field through dumb mistakes against a team that knows how to exploit those mistakes.

It's bad. I watched Haslett and Brooks do that for 5 years. I've had enough. It's bad.

Will they do this consistently? I don't think so. First time this season. But it was bad. No sugar-coating.

It was bad. Letting one of the worst offenses run and pass all over you, turning the ball over 5 times. A couple of coaching type penalties (false start, illegal motion) I know we showed alot of character inthe 2nd half, but that was Haslett ball Bad.

When you're 5-2, and this is the first game that those kinds of mistakes have occured, I can look at some of the other things besides those mistakes. They don't typify this team. Yeah it happened... can't take that away, I just don't think this is indicative of the way this team typically plays. This is not Haslett's Saints.

I can look at the 400+ yards of offense and the 22 points against the Ravens defense, and feel good about our offense.

Our defensive performance concerns me some. Giving up almost 300 yards and 21 points to the Raven's offense is pretty bad...

Overall, I didn't think it was that bad... non-critical game, came out flat, made stupid mistakes ... it happens. If it keeps happening, I'll feel bad, right now, I don't think is that much of a statement game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom