You know O.J. is dying to confess..... {merged} (1 Viewer)

It's sad when people need attention this badly.

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord." He will not have a restful year until he comes clean with what actually happened. He either did it or hired the kill out, but his hands are dirty and the demons will swarm him until he confesses. JMHO.

Shiz

that should be his punishment then. Every time he moves to confess, cut to commercial.

If he did it and he needs to get it off his chest, then he should be denied that opportunity. He had it in abundance during the arrest-and-trial process.

If he really wants to atone, he should waive his double jeopardy defense when he confesses. Otherwise, it means nothing. You want to ease you guilty conscience? Fine. Justice wants its pound of flesh in return.

If he really wants to atone, he should waive his double jeopardy defense when he confesses. Otherwise, it means nothing. You want to ease you guilty conscience? Fine. Justice wants its pound of flesh in return.

That's what I was thinking. He was acquitted at trial so even if he confesses, it means nothing. In fact, if he writes a book about it, he will make millions and not go to jail. The Son of Sam law will not apply since he was not found guilty.

My guess is he doesn't feel guilty, he just needs some cash. There are not a lot of endorsement opportunities for a guy who everyone thinks brutally murdered two people.

That's what I was thinking. He was acquitted at trial so even if he confesses, it means nothing. In fact, if he writes a book about it, he will make millions and not go to jail. The Son of Sam law will not apply since he was not found guilty.

My guess is he doesn't feel guilty, he just needs some cash. There are not a lot of endorsement opportunities for a guy who everyone thinks brutally murdered two people.

Kinsu? Isotoner? Ford Bronco? Rodney King Foundation? The Golf Course Private Investigators Association?

I have a question for the forum lawyers.

I understand the whole double jeopardy thing so that "technically" OJ can never be prosecuted for murder (inserting the obligatory "if he hypothetically did it" disclaimer). But if OJ walked into a police station right now and confessed, there isn't anything that he could be charged with?

Since he didn't testify, I guess perjury is out. But it would seem that there had to have been some case in the legal annals where someone was accused of murder, acquitted and then revealed to have been guilty and that there would some legal mechanism to address that.

Just curious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom