You pick the Saints 15 overall pick (1 Viewer)

Who would you pick with the 15th pick in this situation?

• Jarvis Jones OLB

Votes: 78 39.2%
  • Bjoern Werner OLB

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Star Lotulelei NT/DE

Votes: 40 20.1%
  • Sheldon Richardson DE

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Barkevious Mingo OLB

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • Johnthan Banks CB

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tavon Austin WR

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Damontre Moore OLB

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Kevin Minter ILB

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Matt Elam S

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Jamie Collins OLB

• Keenan Allen WR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnathan Hankins NT

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Jonathan Cooper G

• Zach Ertz TE

• Sylvester Williams DT

• Tyler Eifert TE

• Alec Ogletree ILB

• Other

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Give me Mingo... though I'd rather have Jordan. I'll pass on Jones. You can't coach medical problems.
Jaguars HC was the Seahawks DC and loves physical freaks. They drafted Irvin who is very similar to Jordan last year. I am not sure he would pass on Jordan, he is an absolute freak who fills a huge need for them but if he did I think he would go for Dee Milliner but then the Jets would probably take Jordan later.

Jaguars HC was the Seahawks DC and loves physical freaks. They drafted Irvin who is very similar to Jordan last year. I am not sure he would pass on Jordan, he is an absolute freak who fills a huge need for them but if he did I think he would go for Dee Milliner but then the Jets would probably take Jordan later.

All he did was call the plays. Pete Carrol did all of the defensive scouting and draft selections. Even so, I don't see him making it past the Browns or Jets.

I just don't want someone like Mingo who at this point is pure potential. Yes he was out of position at LSU, but the lack of experience as a 3-4 LB worries me.

His game film does not impress me.

I just don't want someone like Mingo who at this point is pure potential. Yes he was out of position at LSU, but the lack of experience as a 3-4 LB worries me.

His game film does not impress me.
Ware had his best year were he got 19 sacks? under Rob Ryan. So did Spencer. I think we may have one of the best OLB developers in the league and if that is true I think Mingo would be a good pick.

Ware had his best year were he got 19 sacks? under Rob Ryan. So did Spencer. I think we may have one of the best OLB developers in the league and if that is true I think Mingo would be a good pick.

Ware did not play DE in college. He played OLB and was a monster not just potential.

He finished his college career with 27.5 sacks, 195 tackles (57 for losses), 74 quarterback hurries, ten forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, and one interception. His 27.5 sacks rank second in school history for sacks in a career, and his 57 tackles for losses rank first in school history.

Ware was as safe a bet to be great in the NFL as anyone in that draft. Coaching someone like him up is much different than someone like Mingo, who has to learn a new position and he still could only put up just decent numbers on a better defensive team.

Ware did not play DE in college. He played OLB and was a monster not just potential.

He finished his college career with 27.5 sacks, 195 tackles (57 for losses), 74 quarterback hurries, ten forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, and one interception. His 27.5 sacks rank second in school history for sacks in a career, and his 57 tackles for losses rank first in school history.

Ware was as safe a bet to be great in the NFL as anyone in that draft. Coaching someone like him up is much different than someone like Mingo, who has to learn a new position and he still could only put up just decent numbers on a better defensive team.
I know, I was just saying that Ware although was already a beast, he took a huge step foward when Rob went to Dallas, same with Spencer. So I think Rob could develop Mingo.

I voted Jarvis Jones because he is a realistic pick at #15 and a few of those people in the poll will most likely not be available when we pick. I could see Jones turning into a beast if he stays healthy without any spinal problems

I want us to get Trufant in the draft but it doesn't seem like he will be there with the Bucs, Dolphins, Lions and Jags all needing a corner. I think we should go corner if Trufant is there because I think Tez and Galette take huge steps forward as pass rushers under Rob Ryan. I can see us getting around 20 sacks between Tez and Galette next year with them starting.

This is the mock draft and you have to pick the Saints pick:

1. Chiefs - Luke Joekel

2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan

3. Raiders - Sharrif Floyd

4. Eagles - Eric Fisher

5. Lions - Dee Milliner

6. Browns - Geno Smith

7. Cardinals - Lane Johnson

8. Bills - EJ Manuel

9. Jets - Ziggy Ansah

10. Titans - Kenny Vaccaro

11. Chargers - Chance Warmack

12. Dolphins - Desmond Trufant

13. Bucaneers -Xavier Rhodes

14. Panthers - Cordarrelle Patterson

15. Saints - ?????

Who would you select IF this is how it all came out up until our pick and there were NO available trade partners?

Hold on........NO trade partners???

Star, Mingo, Jones, Austin are ALL STILL ON THE BOARD and NOBODY wants ANY of em??? :scratch:

Anywhoo, did we re sign Bushrod? Did we sign Victor Butler? If we didnt re sign JB, and cant move down we may have reach a lil for Menelik Watson.

If we resign Bushrod, we can now go OLB. But we NEED a SOLB. If we sign Butler, we can then go with Jones or Mingo. If we dont, we have to go with Jones. Of the 2, JJ is more polished and natural OLB, and capable of stepping in at SOLB over Mingo.

Hold on........NO trade partners???

Star, Mingo, Jones, Austin are ALL STILL ON THE BOARD and NOBODY wants ANY of em??? :scratch:

Anywhoo, did we re sign Bushrod? Did we sign Victor Butler? If we didnt re sign JB, and cant move down we may have reach a lil for Menelik Watson.

If we resign Bushrod, we can now go OLB. But we NEED a SOLB. If we sign Butler, we can then go with Jones or Mingo. If we dont, we have to go with Jones. Of the 2, JJ is more polished and natural OLB, and capable of stepping in at SOLB over Mingo.

I said no moving down for sake of discussion because then we would not know who is there anymore.

Bushrod not resigned. Butler not signed.

Even in this situation I would not go Watson. Why reach for a 2nd round prospect that played RT in college and put him at LT in the pros? Watson excels in run blocking and struggled at times in pass protection so I really don't think he would be the guy we need. We did pretty good last year with a 4th string RT on short notice. I think the front office can find a mid or late rounder to come in and be near Bushrod playing level for less. We have elite Gs so we don't really need a shutdown OT (I doubt any are available any way by the time it is our pick).

I like Jarvis but im not sure about his injury concerns and I think Tez and Galette under Rob Ryan can give us above average production.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom