You should have real concern that Sean Payton is going to blow our shot at winning it all (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

I mean you might as well have called a pass play for Christ's sake.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

That was an insanely dumb play call. One of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Thank you defense for saving us.

cugr4life

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have to disagree here. I understand the frustration due to the fumble, but the play call was unexpected and if TLL holds on to the ball he gets the first and maybe even a touchdown. Sometimes the creative plays just don’t workout due to bad luck.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's only dumb if it didn't work. That gaff is all on TLL. It was a great play and it would of gotten a first down and a touchdown. Payton ran ball. Kill timeouts and the clock. Your players got to make plays.

RKNSaint

Contrarian
Reaction score
The call was fine. TLL made the boneheaded mistake of reaching. I might question the player used in a critical moment.

krazy9000

BRING THE WOOD!!
Reaction score
Honestly Sean probably had the utmost confidence in our D's ability to hold them to 3 or fewer points anyway, and rightfully so. Yeah he didn't foresee the fumble and it was unfortunate, but that was a TD (or at least a first down) if he hadn't fumbled so it really wasn't a terrible call.

OP
OP
Saint Kamara

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The call was fine. TLL made the boneheaded mistake of reaching. I might question the player used in a critical moment.
So if he goes out of bounds at the 1 1/2 which is what would have happened if he held onto the ball, you're perfectly fine that we saved 40 precious seconds for Cam Newton?

What don't you people get that you can't call a play that is going to the sidelines out of bounds?

Triple reverse with the runner headed up the middle of the line is more sensible than what we called there.

Moon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Good play call, wrong player. Rest of OP post is just silliness. Go to bed

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

I mean you might as well have called a pass play for Christ's sake.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

That was an insanely dumb play call. One of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Thank you defense for saving us.
The call worked. Was good for the situation.

Needed Ginn executing, not TLL.

Payton keeps TLL just for little moments like that, but TLL is not who he seems to think he is.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I thought the play call was one of the best of the night.

I am so sick of seeing the screen plays to Kamara against that team, they read it every time. The WR screens didn't help either. It was almost like Payton was trying to get Brees some easy completions to get his confidence up but dude just dropped 3 straight dimes that were dropped or called back by penalty. That we can gripe about, Luke is too good to try and catch them off guard with a screen to the guy they are aware of every single snap.

krazy9000

BRING THE WOOD!!
Reaction score
So if he goes out of bounds at the 1 1/2 which is what would have happened if he held onto the ball, you're perfectly fine that we saved 40 precious seconds for Cam Newton?

What don't you people get that you can't call a play that is going to the sidelines out of bounds?

Triple reverse with the runner headed up the middle of the line is more sensible than what we called there.
With the way our d was playing we had little to worry about from Cam Newton.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Schematically, the play call was brilliant. That team was overpursuing like mad the entire game, and we waited almost exclusively until the final drive to bring out the misdirection.

But you have to know your personnel. And while Tommylee Lewis absolutely has the athletic skill set to make that play, he has shown time and again that he is simply not to be trusted handling the football in key situations. You have to realize what you have and call something different because of who you have.

Easy to say after the fact, I realize. But you don't want Tommylee handling the ball with the game on the line. You just don't. Can't be trusted.

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought that was an excellent play call and should have worked. Problem is again, outside of Thomas, Kamara, and Ingram, the rest of the skilled positions are occupied by inexperienced and/or undrafted RFAs who are just not reliable and its showing up down the stretch. Unfortunately, the team has to play with what they have and maybe the next two home games could be good medicine for the offense. This has been a real tough stretch with back to back Thursday games coupled with a 3 game road trip.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The call was perfect. TLL made a boneheaded decision. SP is the best coach in the NFL in my opinion. Like another poster said in another thread, that is a Ted Ginn playcall.
Ted Ginn isn't available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom