You should have real concern that Sean Payton is going to blow our shot at winning it all (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Sticky Post
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

I mean you might as well have called a pass play for Christ's sake.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

That was an insanely dumb play call. One of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Thank you defense for saving us.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
So if he goes out of bounds at the 1 1/2 which is what would have happened if he held onto the ball, you're perfectly fine that we saved 40 precious seconds for Cam Newton?

What don't you people get that you can't call a play that is going to the sidelines out of bounds?

Triple reverse with the runner headed up the middle of the line is more sensible than what we called there.
It would have been a fresh set of downs with panthers having no timeouts. He gets the 1st and the game is over. Instead he reaches and does the worst thing possible trying to selfishly get the TD.

SaintsFan83

BIG HARSHNESS
Reaction score
Gano was out, they had no time outs left, and the defense was playing extremely well all night, It was the right call, just poor execution. Probably should have been Taysom or Karmara that got the call. WR play as a whole was terrible tonight.

SDotJeezy

Watch my flow!
Reaction score
Ok Mr. Wizard, who would you choose to lead us into the playoffs? Since Sean's always wrong according to you, who would be right captain hindsight?

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, you whine about everything. The call was good.
You are very good at finding articles. Stick to that.

OP
OP
Saint Kamara

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I thought the play call was one of the best of the night.

I am so sick of seeing the screen plays to Kamara against that team, they read it every time. The WR screens didn't help either. It was almost like Payton was trying to get Brees some easy completions to get his confidence up but dude just dropped 3 straight dimes that were dropped or called back by penalty. That we can gripe about, Luke is too good to try and catch them off guard with a screen to the guy they are aware of every single snap.
A naked reverse by Brees would have been a much better call and he would have just eaten the ball if the play wasn't open. If you wanted to fool them.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So if he goes out of bounds at the 1 1/2 which is what would have happened if he held onto the ball, you're perfectly fine that we saved 40 precious seconds for Cam Newton?

What don't you people get that you can't call a play that is going to the sidelines out of bounds?

Triple reverse with the runner headed up the middle of the line is more sensible than what we called there.
Because he had the 1st down. It didn't matter if he went out of bounds. The game would be offer because you go into victory formation on the next play and run out the clock. Problem was tll trying to reach for a td. You have to know that the one and only thing that can't happen is fumbling it out the endzone. That's on the player.

Black&Gold Knight

Very Banned
Reaction score
Wow . The Negative Nancies are out after this hard fought win. At least the OP is not being critical of Dennis Allen anymore. Personally I think the OP drinks a lot. How else do you think like this?

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

Well... you just have to hope and have faith that CSP learns from the mistake he made there and play a situation like that a little differently next time.

FWIW, I blame TLL. He tucks the ball and goes low in bounds... we get the first and game over. TLL tried to be a hero.

SuperKid

Bring us 1 more
Reaction score
The call was good, Carolina was expecting an inside run, he even got the edge for a moment but the pursuit caught up fast. The player made the mistake.

I even venture to bet he was told on the sidelines or in the huddle, if it's not there just go down, stay and bounds.. and he decided to extend the ball anyway.

neworleanshoo

hoodat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

what in the world? if he went out of bounds he would've had a first down. game over.

Dan in Lafayette

Official SR Curmudgeon
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The play was designed to go inside but TLL kicked out. You sure are a post game downer. We are 12-2 and won 2 of 3 in consecutive road games. But please feel free to find something to birch about.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
That play doesn't work if it's Kamara because he'd get too much attention. No other receiver has the quickness.

Payton called the perfect play. It caught Carolina off guard and all TLL had to do was run out of bounds on his current angle and the game is over. I just can't blame Payton for that. This is the NFL, not high school. Every player on this roster should be expected to know the situation on any given play.

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He was trying to make a play. The Carolina LB made a good play. Problem was when the ball came out it hit TLL’s helmet and went forward. Had it not, the ball would have went out at the 1 or 1 1/2 yard line. Bad bounce.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

I have to disagree. I think the play caught them off guard. Had it not been for a complete and amazing effort on the defence, that would have atleast been a 1st down and enough to run out the game. Do i think TLL should have went to the sidelines? no I dont.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My God... we are 12-2 not 2-12... I have a lot of friends who are Packer fans who would trade places with us in a heart beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom