You should have real concern that Sean Payton is going to blow our shot at winning it all (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Sticky Post
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

I mean you might as well have called a pass play for Christ's sake.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

That was an insanely dumb play call. One of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Thank you defense for saving us.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If that last play call that had a player headed out of bounds and on top of that being little used Tommy Lee Lewis doesn't give you pause about what is going on inside of Sean.Payton's head, it's time to set your expectations of what is to come.

I mean you might as well have called a pass play for Christ's sake.

That was Sean Payton and his arrogance not satisfied with settling for a FG and forcing an offense that couldn't move the ball all night long to go the distance with only 1 minute to go and no timeouts. Situational football.

That was an insanely dumb play call. One of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Thank you defense for saving us.
You continue to quote "situational football" as if you heard someone on TV use the term and now you want to use it every chance you get. You could not reasonably justify your use of the term and how it should have been applied in the discussion of the Rams game and you cannot do it here. So would you have kneeled it and taken the FG instead of trying to catch the defense off guard and score a TD that effectively ends the game? Could you have predicted that Lewis would fumble through the endzone? Stop using the term if you cannot support its use.

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The playcall wasn't great, but I thought he struggled on playcalling all night. There are games when it seems like Ingram could punish defenses and Payton seems to favor balance between him and Kamara. I think tonight Ingram should have had 20 plus carries.

acb814

Veteran
Reaction score
I had no issue with the tommie Lee call he just has to hold on to the ball. I'm just wondering why we haven't been sticking to the formula that's been the most successful for us the past couple of years especially on the road. Brees shouldn't have 35 passing attempts on the road. Our most successful formula has been to run the ball early and often and controlling time of possession. Lately it seems we've been going away from that, maybe it's to build brees mvp resume. Ingram killed Carolina last year and he seemed to have positive gains every time he touched the ball tonight. Road games should definitely be run heavy for us no way Ingram and Kamara should have only combined for 26 carries but penalties may have also played a part in that. I feel the only problem with the offense is to get back to the run first formula and stick with it even if it's not extremely successful early. Wear the opposing defense down early and make the dbs come up to help in run d and burn them late in the game. Make brees job easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)