You should never see a stat line like Latavious Murray (1 Viewer)

It's like Payton forgot about him at half time.

With Poe out of the game, and McCoy fighting through a bad hammy they had no big bodies right up the gut, the line was just moving people off the ball during those big personnel package runs. Yet Payton continued to opt for more multiple WR looks with Kamara who had an up and down rushing performance today; much better receiving.

Romo even mentioned just leave your big Jumbo 3 TE personnel in all game until they show they can stop it. Perplexed by this one.

Yeah, a reporter needs to ask him why he isn’t ulitizing Murray more. I just don’t understand it. When they were 4th and inches ball should have been in Murray’s hands. I like Payton but he overthinks it at times which messes us up at the most inopportune times. Run Murray and Kamara at a balanced rate. Is that hard? I just sometimes want to talk to him and be like don’t overthink it. Just play regular football. Lol.

I agree, he’s preparing for Thursday. He fed Murray in the first half and scored 17, then fed Kamara in the second half and scored 17. The pass game was working. I don’t see a problem.

Other than the refs.

It’s no coincidence that the year we won it all we were near the top of the league in rushing.
I find it very possible to run the ball less then expected to both:

a. Be more effective at it

b. Because you believe you can throw it for even better results then running it

The numbers showed that the Panthers biggest weakness was against the run. That’s what has me stumped. I just thought that 32+ carries was coming today.

7 carries, 61 yards.

7 carries?

Come on Sean, get back to what we did best the last two seasons.
The thing with Murray you really cant do spread type sets with him and expect him to be effective. Hes a solid I type back..North south runner that needs power sets.

Just another thought, anyone think that not having a FB played a big role in this? I read some numbers this week that indicated Murray was more productive being behind a FB. We used #84 (I believe) a hand full of times, but it was a disguise every time. The RB always went the other direction.

Just another thought, anyone think that not having a FB played a big role in this? I read some numbers this week that indicated Murray was more productive being behind a FB. We used #84 (I believe) a hand full of times, but it was a disguise every time. The RB always went the other direction.

We averaged 6.6ypc today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom