You Tube video of Tornado that hit Hattiesburg (1 Viewer)

Redfish

© Geaux Saints!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HdmTpsyQinM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow.

Do they even have tornado sirens in Hattiesburg?

Michael must be a rookie.

Yes they got funding recently and have the super loud ones put up. Oddly enough I heard them going off 3 hours before this thing came through but never heard them during this.

He actually did a great job telling the driver exactly what to do. You have no idea how difficult it is to get good tornado video up close on a storm moving that fast. You have to watch the radar to see storm motion, watch the tornado as it moves while expanding and retracting then also need to follow the GPS to make sure you don't take a wrong turn all while trying to keep the camera on the tornado and while the driver avoids debris.

Good to see them stop the chase as soon as they saw injured people. I can tell you first hand it is so freaky being the first one to drive up into the middle of a damage path with people stumbling out.

For the size, strength, and duration of that tornado, it is amazing there were no fatalities.

I agree. Afte watching the video, I was shocked to find that out. On a side note, is Hattiesburg the Fast Food and Chain store capital of the US? I think they had absolutely everything represented in that video.

I agree. Afte watching the video, I was shocked to find that out. On a side note, is Hattiesburg the Fast Food and Chain store capital of the US? I think they had absolutely everything represented in that video.

Just good product placement.

He actually did a great job telling the driver exactly what to do. You have no idea how difficult it is to get good tornado video up close on a storm moving that fast. You have to watch the radar to see storm motion, watch the tornado as it moves while expanding and retracting then also need to follow the GPS to make sure you don't take a wrong turn all while trying to keep the camera on the tornado and while the driver avoids debris.

Good to see them stop the chase as soon as they saw injured people. I can tell you first hand it is so freaky being the first one to drive up into the middle of a damage path with people stumbling out.

Not to mention being in mississippi or anywhere else in "Dixie Alley" the amount of trees and other things obstructing the view of storms makes it even harder to spot tornadoes

Not to mention being in mississippi or anywhere else in "Dixie Alley" the amount of trees and other things obstructing the view of storms makes it even harder to spot tornadoes

That is so true. I could look North from my back porch and all I could see was a wall of black above the pines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom