"You won the lottery!" scammer picks wrong victim (former FBI and CIA chief William Webster) (1 Viewer)

Get out of here trying to turn this around. My statement was clearly about one of these leeches getting caught and punished. Yes my personal opinion equates them to the level of a pedophile. No where in my statement did the severity of the crime become equal. Do you honestly think anyone, anywhere will come out and be ok with authorities ignoring a complaint of assault on a child? The vast amount of these calls/attempted crimes are virtualy impossible to police especially with the international hurdles that come into play for essentially a non-violent crime. Take it somewhere else.

But when it happened to this ex-FBI director they were able to catch him and prosecute him. The point I and many others were making is that its not equally applied justice. If you are in the politically connected class you are more likely to get crimes against you investigated and prosecuted. My comment was not that assault on a child is equal to phone scammers but that justice is not applied equally.

But when it happened to this ex-FBI director they were able to catch him and prosecute him. The point I and many others were making is that its not equally applied justice. If you are in the politically connected class you are more likely to get crimes against you investigated and prosecuted. My comment was not that assault on a child is equal to phone scammers but that justice is not applied equally.

Former person holding a position of power used his influence to do something in his favor. You really went out on a limb with that bold stance on such a rarely seen topic. You win this internet argument.

People are biased. All over the planet. It’s been this way since people have first walked the planet. This is not brand new information. If you have a proposal or a way to make it stop, we would love to hear it.

Tomwaits is right. For years we have been told by law enforcement sources that it would be impossible to catch and prosecute these guys. Even when the elderly are bilked out of real money that hurts their lifestyles.

And yet, here they seem to have been able to catch and prosecute this person just fine. And in this very thread we have somebody who was able to get a phone number exactly like the retired FBI/CIA Director. Meaning in real time, while the sting was in process. And his experience was that they were annoyed that he was bothering them.

Sticks out like a sore thumb to me, that’s all.

People are biased. All over the planet. It’s been this way since people have first walked the planet. This is not brand new information. If you have a proposal or a way to make it stop, we would love to hear it.
Just stating the obvious is a start. Maybe there's no apparent way to make it stop, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said that the minority connected class can get justice in a case like this while the majority has really no remedy. A solution isn't required when identifying a problem.

Just stating the obvious is a start. Maybe there's no apparent way to make it stop, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said that the minority connected class can get justice in a case like this while the majority has really no remedy. A solution isn't required when identifying a problem.
For what it’s worth, I don’t like the idea of nepotism either. I just think the things that cause it are too hard-wired into human nature for us to think that we have any degree of control over it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom