Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

Not to mention who let's their daughter move in with a guy who lives with his parents to get married? Isn't a prerequisite for a man to have a job and place to live, before one thinks about getting married?

They're twenty somethings, not teenagers, so the parents can give opinions but they can't control where she lives or who she marries

I don't really know the refinements of probable cause law in Florida courts and I don't do criminal law so I really don't know. Seems like it being her car is a greater avenue than it not being. But could they charge him with theft? It hasn't been reported stolen by its owner. They can certainly get a warrant to examine the car, that's much easier to get.

That's why often in these cases, the first charge is something tangential or procedural - they want to get custody of the person where they have greater leverage. But until then, if he's refusing and has a lawyer before they get to approach him, it's challenging. Usually a charge of some sort comes but this is still all just a few days old with respect to her parent's report of a missing person to law enforcement

Respect your thoughts. It just seems under the circumstances, there should be enough common sense, that he was a major flight risk.

They're twenty somethings, not teenagers, so the parents can give opinions but they can't control where she lives or who she marries

I grew up in different time maybe. They pretty much gave their blessing, funded their vacation, and bought them uber pizza during their travels. If parents disapprove, there is usually a different way of doing this. It looks like they were supporting her decisions.

Instead of funding their vacation, I would of bought her a satellite phone, and mace at the bare minimum. O.k. maybe it's my religious back ground, or something. I need to stop projecting my bias thoughts.

Respect your thoughts. It just seems under the circumstances, there should be enough common sense, that he was a major flight risk.
I hear you but being a flight risk isn’t enough to get you arrested. The problem with taking law enforcement liberties in the name of common sense is that there’s no arbiter of what makes common sense and vague notions too easy to abuse undermine the rights that a person has. There have to be legal standards - they can be quite flexible for sure, but there are limits.

Is the car registered to her? I hadn't seen that.

Otherwise I don't think there's probable cause for a crime in that description
I assume because it keeps being referred to as "her" van and I heard that her dad helped regarding the financing of the vehicle. However, apparently the boyfriend had used it for driving to work (dunno if in Florida or NY).

Not to mention who let's their daughter move in with a guy who lives with his parents to get married? Isn't a prerequisite for a man to have a job and place to live, before one thinks about getting married?
How do you stop your adult children from living their lives?

I believe so.

The cam footage (I think) I saw the other day referred to "her van."
I read an article with officers explaining that it was a "common use" vehicle regularly used by both so it didn't rise to a chargeable offense.

Cross those salt flats in Utah once, you will say this is cool, 2,3,4,5,6 times…..Utah sucks, no matter how those National Parks looked all you will remember is this place sucks.
We visited Utah in July. Was super excited to see the Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island - until we got there. Ughh…terrible. Nothing at all appealing about it.

... And if you're into canyoneering, what Utah has to offer cannot be matched anywhere in the world.
Easy, you. In the US fo sho. In the world, in the debate to squeak into the top 5... Certainly not shabby by any means.

They need to put a $200,000 reward for information leading to Brian's arrest. If he doesn't say, anything, make sure they show him videos of Gabby, and his parents in tears and anguish. Record that, so they can use that as a character reference.

It just doesn't seem right, the system is broken, or it at least appears that way.

1631980404633.png

Picture pretty much captures the scenario in the case. Brian's like, smell my feet beaches. He is making a total mockery of the system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom