Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I always think of the joke that Abe Simpson said "call me 'mint jelly' cause I'm on the lam!" and so now I don't know how it's spelled. Dumb 'ole me!
Yeah, riiight, dumb. That’s the word that comes to mind when I think of you and your inane posting history. :hihi:

Police say there is a "possibility" the partner of Gabby Petito has "hurt himself" in a sprawling Florida wildlife reserve as the search for him continues.

The case took a big step forward overnight after police discovered human remains they believe belong to Petito in the Wyoming forest where authorities were searching for the missing New York woman.

Maybe that scanner post was true, but they wanted to hold off, until things calmed down a little?!?! It says, his parents picked up the mustang, and it was at the park.

He is wondering around in the park contemplating suicide, taking an extended hike, or is out hitchhiking again? That park is about 20 minutes from his home. Looks like this story is gonna end a lot sooner, than expected.

It’s highly unlikely that it’s something innocuous and accidental. Her location and his behavior both strongly suggest foul play of some sort.
No, I doubt it. But what if it's unable to be determined.

They live right on the Idaho/Wy border. I think she understands, just caught in the moment.

Ever have a thought that sounds really good before you have a chance to think it out then quickly react to that thought by telling it to someone and when you actually hear it come out of your mouth realize how dumb you sound? I think it was one of those moments for her.
Man, I'd, um, kill to live there.

I could write a paragraph here.

This dude went on 5 month trip with his girlfriend, goes to one of the safest and most isolated places in the country. She ends up dead, apparently not far from her last known location. He ends up back home in her vehicle with no explanation and refusing to talk.

It's like playing clue with one character. At least when she was "missing" it was open to some speculation.
Yeah. Like was his grand plan, Hey, maybe nobody will ask where she is?

Gabby Petito’s boyfriend Brian Laundrie, who has now also gone missing and is sought by the FBI, suffered with jealousy and control issues and experienced “episodes” in which he would hear voices and not be able to sleep, Petito’s friend told The Daily Mail.

Rose Davis, 21, of Sarasota, described Laundrie as a controlling and manipulative boyfriend, in one incident stealing Petitio’s ID so she wouldn’t be able to go out to bars with her.

Petito had described the strange episodes to Davis, which at times forced Petito to sleep at her house.

“He’s got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these “episodes,” where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn’t sleep,” she told the outlet.

“Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn’t want to go home to him.”

Davis said she “used to consider [Laundrie] a friend,” after spending time with the couple.

From the article it looks like Brian is mental case. If there is a court case, would this be grounds for one of those, he can't be punished, because he is crazy?
Holy crap, I don't remember about the hearing voices. I wonder if he's got any kind of record. I'm sort of guessing not or it might have come up during that Moab traffic stop.

My guess is he finally lost control of his emotions as the male half of a dysfunctional and neurotic couple.
Yeah. Like was his grand plan, Hey, maybe nobody will ask where she is?

I just remembered something which happened years ago. The girl would be 22 now and was 17 then. I had to tell her mother the sheriff came by to question her about a suicide pact she made with her best friend.

Could that have been the plan all along? Maybe he did it and couldn't finish the pact until he got home.

ETA: For clarity there's no connection at all between this girl and Gabby.

Last edited:
Valid. He was 23 at the time, not normally the age of maturity for many adults. I see your point though. Pretty sure I remember Gabby saying, she was worried that Brian was gonna leave her there. Coincidence?
God, that's why it was such a dysfunctional relationship. She had separation anxiety because of not knowing what he would do and he would restrict her freedom of movement by taking her only transportation or taking her personal ID, and all she had to do to be free was LEAVE him. You don't go on a months-long trip WITH that person and she'll never age enough now to learn that.

Wait, I'm getting the timeline tangled I think. So, he left the van, and supposedly her body, at that location, then hitchhiked away from there, only to return and get the van, then drive it to FL? Is that right?
That's what I'm trying to piece together. Only thing I can think right now is he panicked, fled, implemented a plan, panicked again, made a new plan that he had to go back, panicked again and drove back to FL. I dunno

The hitchhiking story is in some question, yes?
This girl had some pretty compelling "receipts", I think, contemporaneous with texts she was making to her mother at the time that pinpoints exact date and time. I believe her story and that she knows exactly where she was, but I suppose she could be mistaken about it being Brian. Where they dropped him off was about 21 miles from the Spread Creek Dispersement camping area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom