Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (2 Viewers)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Young man won't talk. Gabby Petito's mother reported her missing on September 11 - apparently the boyfriend was back for 10 days by that point.

They broke off their engagement before they departed, but went anyway, hoping to have an adventure and post Instagram stories about it. Police in Utah responded to a call after they had a "physical fight", just days before her mother says was the last time she heard from her (in an August 25 FaceTime call).

1631761681524.png

Last edited:
Having visited that area, I'll just say that it would be very easy to lose a person up there and never be found.

Smh

While I realize I am kind of assuming guilt here, I stopped and actually pondered this instead of reading it and just passing along like I usually do with all the horrible news we are inundated with

And when I really pondered and focused on this I had a wave of depression hit me...just at how people can do something like this to each other

Thanks for posting this discussion, I have been keeping up with this for a while, the family had started posting on all of the Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Book of Faces pages Saturday and than it just exploded from there with attention.

There are some crazy theories out there that the FB crazies make up and run with, one was the zone of death, that he took her there and killed her to escape prosecution. Though years ago I remember the Feds squashing the so called zone of death, that you can and will be prosecuted. I did read a post from one of the family members yesterday encouraging people to pay attention to the wilderness, hinting that he just left her deep in the forest on her own with nothing.

I often visit both parks, visiting every other year for the past 10 or so years. My wife and I always try to find off beaten paths with little human activity to observe Grizzlies or Wolves. We had the free time a year or so ago to explore Bridger Teton National Forest that feeds off of GTNP. The deeper you got into the forest, the shadier it got with questionable characters, we ended up by Pacific Creek Campground which these places always appear to be a haven for "different" folks. I told my wife, we probably should have told the kids where we were going because we have no cell service and nobody will find us. Long story short, I researched that area and I found a story about a murderer whom was last seen in that area, I'm sure there are other activities that happen there also.

map.jpg

I think that right now him murdering her is no more likely that some type of accident (a fall or drug overdose), and him just reacting poorly, then continuing to act poorly as he realized his poor reaction just made him look more guilty.

The guy is definitely not innocent. and he should just come clean about whatever it is. He's not going to escape punishment by acting guilty, that is for sure.

That has to be just awful - your child is missing and the one person she was supposed to be with has been home for 10 days . . . and won't talk to anyone except his lawyer.
Yeah, he killed her.

Change my mind. (Kidding, don't. He clearly did it).

I read about this yesterday and feel terrible for her family. The boyfriend surely knows something. Hopefully they'll be able to find out what happened to her.

Yeah, he killed her.

Change my mind. (Kidding, don't. He clearly did it).

Certainly looks that way.

His lawyer basically said that he lawyered up and won't talk on advice of counsel because they "know how these things go" and the romantic partner is always the top suspect.

Uh, he's also the top suspect because he was the only one with her and he came all the way back to Florida and never told anybody anything about where she might be - this after police responded to a call about a fight they had.

Certainly looks that way.

His lawyer basically said that he lawyered up and won't talk on advice of counsel because they "know how these things go" and the romantic partner is always the top suspect.

Uh, he's also the top suspect because he was the only one with her and he came all the way back to Florida and never told anybody anything about where she might be - this after police responded to a call about a fight they had.

Body cam footage of Utah police interaction with the couple.

WKRN News 2: Bodycam footage shows Gabby Petito, boyfriend after 911 call, weeks before disappearance.

WKRN News 2: Bodycam footage shows Gabby Petito, boyfriend after 911 call, weeks before disappearance.
So, when they seperated them after that incident, she had the van. But there was two weeks in between that and her last text message to her family. I wonder when the last upload was made to "Van Life"?

Nevermind what I said before. He killed her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom