Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

There is no proof they even made it to WY, that was the next stop on their cross country path. She supposedly sent text messages but the mom has insinuated those might have not come from her as they were different. No social media post of them in WY either and from experience there are many photo spots you would be capturing once you would get into Lander, WY on to Teton National Park. I'm sure they have combed over CC/Debit card transactions and Security Camera footage at those stops.

So, when they seperated them after that incident, she had the van. But there was two weeks in between that and her last text message to her family. I wonder when the last upload was made to "Van Life"?

It sounds like she was having a mental episode.

After stopping the van, officers say they noticed Petito crying “uncontrollably.” She continued crying throughout their conversation and said she was struggling with her mental health.
. . .
At this point, Laundrie says he got into their van and Petito had “gone into a manic state.” Laundrie explained Petito then thought he “was going to leave her in Moab without a ride.” He said Petito then began to slap him. Laundrie tells police he pushed her away to avoid being slapped. According to the police report, Laundrie says Petito lost her balance but was still able to scratch his face.

dat laundrie be doity

otoh...

not much surprises anymore and narcissism knows no bounds, so this couple could easily concoct a story to become fake (in)famous

/cynic

Who goes on a cross country trip a week after a fight that resulted in police involvement and subsequently breaking off a relationship?

I get it...the guy is presumed guilty here, and pretty much has to know something (which is exactly why he has lawyered up and not talking to anyone...the wise decision). But something wasn't right about the girl. That and the lack of the girl will likely result in nothing coming from this other than a heartbroken family.

I don’t think assumptions about the boyfriends guilt based on lawyering up are warranted.

I see multiple possibilities for what could have happened. Internet fake for fame, girl disappears on her own, suicide, accident, or boyfriend involved in foul play.

Who goes on a cross country trip a week after a fight that resulted in police involvement and subsequently breaking off a relationship?

I get it...the guy is presumed guilty here, and pretty much has to know something (which is exactly why he has lawyered up and not talking to anyone...the wise decision). But something wasn't right about the girl. That and the lack of the girl will likely result in nothing coming from this other than a heartbroken family.

I believe they were already on the trip when that happened.

She appears to have been having a mental health crisis. They are young, probably didn't know what do to. Did he kill her? Was it self-defense? Did she kill herself? Did she just wander off in a mental state?

Unless he killed her, he needs to talk to the police at some point to tell them what happened - her family deserves that. He's certainly right to get quality counsel and if counsel is advising him not to talk (yet), then fine.

If he just outright killed her, then he's beyond thinking about her family and is just going to wait until they charge him and see if they have enough evidence or put enough pressure/leverage on him to talk - and build their case further then.

I believe they were already on the trip when that happened.

She appears to have been having a mental health crisis. They are young, probably didn't know what do to. Did he kill her? Was it self-defense? Did she kill herself? Did she just wander off in a mental state?

Unless he killed her, he needs to talk to the police at some point to tell them what happened - her family deserves that. He's certainly right to get quality counsel and if counsel is advising him not to talk (yet), then fine. If he just outright killed her, then he's beyond thinking about her family and is just going to wait until they charge him and see if they have enough evidence or put enough pressure/leverage on him to talk - and build their case further then.
Ahh...so they were already on the trip? I missed that detail

I don’t think assumptions about the boyfriends guilt based on lawyering up are warranted.

Absolutely not.

I don't see how people can see the abuse of prosecutorial power in this country, as well as the long standing (back to the founders) principle of American justice that counsel are essential to the process . . . and then just say "oh he got a lawyer that means he's guilty."

But it's not surprising.

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

I don't see how people can see the abuse of prosecutorial process in this country, as well as the long standing (back to the founders) principle of American justice that counsel are essential to the process . . . and then just say "oh he got a lawyer that means he's guilty."

But it's not surprising.
I think I've required the advice of counsel five times in my life, and was guilty as **** four times. The first four times I kept my mouth shut and obtained counsel. The last time I protested my innocence to all who would listen, but still lawyered up :hihi:

Haven't read all the details on this - I'm assuming there's been a thorough search of the van or an application for a warrant to search?

Haven't read all the details on this - I'm assuming there's been a thorough search of the van or an application for a warrant to search?

I believe that they have investigated the van.

I think I've required the advice of counsel five times in my life, and was guilty as **** four times. The first four times I kept my mouth shut and obtained counsel. The last time I protested my innocence to all who would listen, but still lawyered up :hihi:

Damn dude. You bad.

Damn dude. You bad.
Ahh it's all in the past now. My last court appearance for anything substantial was over 30 years ago, and the statute of limitations has run on all my other transgressions. At least I'm pretty sure....

I've only had one speeding ticket in the last 13 years and that was 59 in a 45. I got me a PBJ and no points, didn't need an attorney :hihi:

This may show my ignorance, or the fact I watch too many tv shows, but have they attempted to track her phone? See where the last actual ping on it was? I mean, I get they were in the middle of nowhere and cell signals can be very rare, but at some point it had to pick up somewhere to at least give them a clue to even what state they were in last.

Ahh it's all in the past now. My last court appearance for anything substantial was over 30 years ago, and the statute of limitations has run on all my other transgressions. At least I'm pretty sure....

I've only had one speeding ticket in the last 13 years and that was 59 in a 45. I got me a PBJ and no points, didn't need an attorney :hihi:

1631812718155.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom