Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (3 Viewers)

AIRING LAUNDRIE

Brian Laundrie’s parents told cops where to find their son in exchange for immunity, his close friend believes​

I sure hope that is just journalist sensationalism.

I sure hope that is just journalist sensationalism.

Your guess is as good as mine. There is also a suicide note that is being circulated, but it's not confirmed. I'm curious what the notebook says, that's gonna be the last bit of the story for me.

Brian Laundrie – update: Police say man 'probably' died by suicide at the Carlton Reserve​

Sarasota County Sheriff Kurt Hoffman suggested Friday that Brian Laundrie likely died by suicide in the Carlton Reserve.

The sheriff made the comments during a police gathering in Florida.

“That guy went out there and by all accounts probably committed suicide and he was right out there where we thought he was,” he said.

Mr Laundrie’s skeletal remains were found along with his notebook and backpack on 20 October in a park connected to the Carlton Reserve. The Sarasota County Coroner matched the remains to Mr Laundrie using dental records and - being unable to determine a time or cause of death - sent the bones for further analysis by an anthropologist.

AIRING LAUNDRIE

Brian Laundrie’s parents told cops where to find their son in exchange for immunity, his close friend believes​

The cops needed to offer immunity to find out he was exactly where they thought he was the whole time? Doubt it.

It is interesting that they didn't find Bryan's remains until Chris Laundrie helped. Yes?

I suppose it's curious, but I thought I saw some commentary that he was found when the preserve waters subsided to lower levels than they had been.

One day this was the biggest news story gripping the country keeping some folks awake at night, the next day just old news. Next!

Well, that settles that. How long before they release finding of the notebook? Was it a thousand pages long, why is nothing being reported?
Where did he get the gun? He was never known to be packing heat. That is the next question, no gun was ever recovered near the partial remains and I don't think guns travel far in water.

Where did he get the gun? He was never known to be packing heat. That is the next question, no gun was ever recovered near the partial remains and I don't think guns travel far in water.
That was going to be my question. There was no current or tide in the water he was found, it was just rain water overflow.

look-at-the-flowers-twd.gif

My guess is that he’ll probably be found in the woods dead via suicide before too long

I expected this was how it’d go from the start. Nothing can take away their loss, but hopefully both families will be able to find some closure.

I expected this was how it’d go from the start. Nothing can take away their loss, but hopefully both families will be able to find some closure.
I’m lucky that I’m not in a position to know, but what is ‘find closure’?
Is it possible with a tragic loss
I can’t remember how long ago MBS lost his brother, but I think it’s been awhile and it still seems raw
My wife’s family lost her father to a motorcycle accident decades ago, and the loss seems to have encoded itself into my MiL’s life
I’m not trying to be obtuse, but what is closure?

I can’t remember how long ago MBS lost his brother, but I think it’s been awhile and it still seems raw
My wife’s family lost her father to a motorcycle accident decades ago, and the loss seems to have encoded itself into my MiL’s life

Closure is similar to acceptance, the last stage of grief. It doesn’t mean that you’re forgetting about lost loved ones or that you’ve suddenly became okay with their loss, it just means that you’ve come to terms with it.

Everyone processes grief differently, but I do think closure is possible. It’s not easy and it’s generally something you have to work towards. Things like reaching out to someone or creating new routines can be helpful.

Last edited:
I think the closure is in knowing that the person responsible for this whole mess actually did this and he's offed himself or faced justice. They no longer have to wait for justice.

That certainly doesn't mean the pain and grief goes away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom