Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

I didn't really follow this very closely. Is it even possible it was a mercy killing like he said?

I didn't really follow this very closely. Is it even possible it was a mercy killing like he said?

The attorney that represents the Petito family says, he doesn't believe the story. There is supposedly a civil case against the Laundrie family regarding negligence. Also, Pat says, there is another letter that was on a digital device, that tells of a different story. So, the story lives on for another 6 months or so.

To me the story on how Gabby died seems a little cloudy, but it appears Brian admitted to causing Gabby's death. The court case should bring out more information. Do you think this case will be bigger than the O.J. trial, or not even close?

He basically says they were rushing back to the car, had to cross stream, hears her scream, pulls her out of the water fairly soon though not immediately. It’s getting very cold and he says she starts freezing. Has a bump on her head. He starts fire and tries to warm her up. She goes through cycles about how much it hurts and “begging to an end for her pain” . . . and eventually he grants her this wish and kills her. Doesn’t say how but says he thought it was merciful.

The same night. With no apparent injury but for a bump on her head and allegedly freezing. Sitting next to a fire with the van across the creek.

Even if he believed that was a “mercy killing” it’s not. He doesn’t know her medical condition. This has all just supposedly happened in a matter of hours. He doesn’t even say he thought she was dying, only that she said it was too much pain.

Either that happened and he really misjudged his options in a criminal way, OR that isn’t what happened and he’s trying to give his family some kind of clean story they can cling too to make their suffering somehow easier, or for some other personal reason.

Based on the other events in the last few days, and how I don’t think this account justifies what he says it justifies along with some of the nonsense of it, I’m going with this being bullshirt.

Last edited:
Agreed total bull malarkey, loves her so much and doesn’t do anything and everything to save her. The Spread Creek campground to Jackson is 30-40 minutes or so. Cold at night in August? Sure it’s cool but totally bearable, he almost described it as if it were a December night.

Oddly I left Yellowstone/Tetons on the 11th of this month after spending a couple of weeks there, passed by the Spread Creek campground while there had to go to South Florida for work afterwards for a couple of weeks, decided to go to the Keys over the weekend while on my way passed by the exit for the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where he was found in Northport.

Civil case ruling news, regarding negligence.

Apologies to any lawyers in the audience but this is the kind of sheet that has earned their rep.

"People are free to not speak," Luka said, adding that by requiring them to do so, it would go against their First, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment rights.
Luka said there was further issue with the scope of the case brought by Petito and Schmidt, saying it could create a scenario in which someone who has witnessed or has knowledge pertaining to a tragic event, could be sued if they don't step forward and speak up.

This isn't the case at all. They aren't some random people who witnessed an event and chose not to become involved.

Nope. IF she was that badly injured, you wait till she's so bad that you "have" to kill her instead of going for help? Oh, didn't want to leave her alone? Well, he wasn't much help being there either.

Apologies to any lawyers in the audience but this is the kind of sheet that has earned their rep.

This isn't the case at all. They aren't some random people who witnessed an event and chose not to become involved.

The lawyer is only stating the law and he’s their lawyer - their advocate (it’s his job to defend them). There is no duty to report a crime someone told you they committed.

Nope. IF she was that badly injured, you wait till she's so bad that you "have" to kill her instead of going for help? Oh, didn't want to leave her alone? Well, he wasn't much help being there either.
I was curious if the autopsy lined up with his story. Sounds like garbage to me but never know...people aren't very smart in general.

I think the autopsy does line up with Brian's story, but the story seems to be missing a few bits, such as how did Gabby get injured in the first place?

She didn't appear in any videos in any kind of pain, possibly some psychological issues, but not intense pain like the note describes.

The autopsy mentioned a blunt force trauma injury on the head of Gabby. Did Brian get tired of Gabby's nagging, hitting, and camp ground smell? Did she fall during a hike, than Brian freaked out? That latter question seems unlikely, but still possible. Even so, the letter seems to indicate Brian ended her life. So, however her head was injured, her life was ended with connection of Laundrie, well, at least that's what the suicide note is implying.

I believe the autopsy indicated strangulation and a blunt force trauma injury to the head, but she died of being strangled. If Brian did hit her head, what object was used? A water bottle, a bat, a rock?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom