Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

Mr. "I don't drink bottled water" and "Gabby hated litterers" wants me to believe from his stupid sideways written, beyond the grave notebook that this was a mercy killing? What's so merciful about leaving your girlfriend to rot in a field and not telling any of the people who REALLY loved her where her remains could be found? And isn't that, I dunno, in a morbid sense LITTERING?

Clean up your own messes, son. You sure had Gabby fooled what kind of a guy you were deep down inside with all of your surface virtue signaling right up to your own cowardly demise. I think Gabby was finally starting to see through your veneer the fraud you were and you didn't like that image being mirrored back to you.

Entin went to the spot where Gabby's body was found, walked across that creek as well. He said he had perfect cellphone service in the area so I'm not buying Laundrie's story. He Could have easily got help if that were the case.

I'd like to see a timeline of his actions/whereabouts from the time she died until the time he died.

I'd like to see a timeline of his actions/whereabouts from the time she died until the time he died.

I knew it when I was invested in it, but it's something like:

-Killed Gabby
-Hiked off in an attempt to create an alibi and pretend he wasn't there when she died
-Hitchhiked back to the campsite where he her body was trying to establish the fact he wasn't there, once in a botched attempt because the car was going the wrong way, so he had to catch a 2nd car
-Got the van that was parked a few hundred yards from her body and drove back to Florida
-Went on a camping trip with his family
-Got found out by the cops and media
-Offed himself
-Parents lied the whole time about where he was and what they knew

That "confession" is just a continuation of his and his family's lies. I don't believe anything he says about his actions and motives. He killed her and tried to cover his tracks including writing a false account of it.

I think the autopsy does line up with Brian's story, but the story seems to be missing a few bits, such as how did Gabby get injured in the first place?

She didn't appear in any videos in any kind of pain, possibly some psychological issues, but not intense pain like the note describes.

The autopsy mentioned a blunt force trauma injury on the head of Gabby. Did Brian get tired of Gabby's nagging, hitting, and camp ground smell? Did she fall during a hike, than Brian freaked out? That latter question seems unlikely, but still possible. Even so, the letter seems to indicate Brian ended her life. So, however her head was injured, her life was ended with connection of Laundrie, well, at least that's what the suicide note is implying.

I believe the autopsy indicated strangulation and a blunt force trauma injury to the head, but she died of being strangled. If Brian did hit her head, what object was used? A water bottle, a bat, a rock?

Yep he tried to kill her one way (bashing her head, maybe pushing her down and causing her to hit her head).... and when she didn't die he strangled her. Everything he did after that was some bullshirt attempt to make it seem like it wasn't in cold blood or that he didn't do it. Sorry, doesn't add up, not even a little. He killed her in cold blood and his family helped him try to cover his tracks and spin the story.

Yep he tried to kill her one way (bashing her head, maybe pushing her down and causing her to hit her head).... and when she didn't die he strangled her. Everything he did after that was some bullshirt attempt to make it seem like it wasn't in cold blood or that he didn't do it. Sorry, doesn't add up, not even a little. He killed her in cold blood and his family helped him try to cover his tracks and spin the story.
Completely agree. This idea that he lovingly euthanized her is complete bull honky.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Gabby Petito's family on Monday notified Utah officials of plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that police failed to recognize their daughter was in a life-threatening situation last year when officers investigated a fight between her and her boyfriend. The fight happened weeks before authorities say the boyfriend killed her while the couple was on a cross-country van trip.

The notice of claim contends police in the tourist town of Moab missed signs that Petito was the victim of domestic violence at the hands of Brian Laundrie on Aug. 12, 2021. The officers ultimately allowed the couple to leave after requiring them to spend a night apart.

Police body camera video from that day showing Petito, 22, visibly upset was widely viewed as the investigation unfolded and raised questions about whether a different police response could have prevented her death.

“If the officers had been properly trained and followed the law, Gabby would still be alive today,” said attorney James McConkie in a statement announcing the filing of the notice of claim.

Notices of claims are required before people can sue government entities and the family's claim said that the lawsuit will seek $50 million in damages............

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Gabby Petito's family on Monday notified Utah officials of plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that police failed to recognize their daughter was in a life-threatening situation last year when officers investigated a fight between her and her boyfriend. The fight happened weeks before authorities say the boyfriend killed her while the couple was on a cross-country van trip.

The notice of claim contends police in the tourist town of Moab missed signs that Petito was the victim of domestic violence at the hands of Brian Laundrie on Aug. 12, 2021. The officers ultimately allowed the couple to leave after requiring them to spend a night apart.

Police body camera video from that day showing Petito, 22, visibly upset was widely viewed as the investigation unfolded and raised questions about whether a different police response could have prevented her death.

“If the officers had been properly trained and followed the law, Gabby would still be alive today,” said attorney James McConkie in a statement announcing the filing of the notice of claim.

Notices of claims are required before people can sue government entities and the family's claim said that the lawsuit will seek $50 million in damages............

I don't know that I agree with the assessment. Without using 20/20 hindsight, I don't think there was much else they could have done. If I remember right, she was actually the aggressor by her own statement. Maybe they didn't stick to the letter of the law, I don't know what the law states in Utah, I think they were trying to give a young couple a break on their holiday. It's too easy to say "they should have done something different" well after the fact. If you want to use hindsight as judgement, then Petito's dad/mom should never have let their daughter become associated with a psychopath.

Yeah good luck

CNN) — Brian Laundrie’s mother wrote a letter to her son that included references to getting a shovel and burying a body, an attorney representing the parents of Gabby Petito said during a court hearing Tuesday.

The Petitos are suing the Laundries for emotional distress in connection with Gabby’s death during a road trip with her betrothed, Brian.

The lawyer for Petito’s parents, Patrick Reilly, said during a remote hearing in Sarasota County Circuit Court in Florida that he saw the letter at an FBI regional office and it expressed things “including helping him get out of prison, getting a shovel and some other things.”

The envelope containing the letter said “burn after reading” according to Reilly, who said the letter was recovered from Brian Laundrie’s backpack when his body was found…….

CNN) — Brian Laundrie’s mother wrote a letter to her son that included references to getting a shovel and burying a body, an attorney representing the parents of Gabby Petito said during a court hearing Tuesday.

The Petitos are suing the Laundries for emotional distress in connection with Gabby’s death during a road trip with her betrothed, Brian.

The lawyer for Petito’s parents, Patrick Reilly, said during a remote hearing in Sarasota County Circuit Court in Florida that he saw the letter at an FBI regional office and it expressed things “including helping him get out of prison, getting a shovel and some other things.”

The envelope containing the letter said “burn after reading” according to Reilly, who said the letter was recovered from Brian Laundrie’s backpack when his body was found…….

So along with being a murderer, he was really sheetty at following directions.

kids and their not listening, amirite parents?

I am confused. The letter was written BEFORE their trip? Shouldn't that throw up more red flags? It sounds like maybe he mentioned doing something like this before?

I am confused. The letter was written BEFORE their trip? Shouldn't that throw up more red flags? It sounds like maybe he mentioned doing something like this before?
Brian’s family’s attorney says that language is unfortunate but it’s really not related - and the judge seems to have agreed. Without the full text of the letter, it’s impossible to say what it was about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom