Younger inexperienced officials. (1 Viewer)

No.

I'm saying the ones they *did* call were legit and there was no evidence to show that any fouls they *missed* were one-sided. We could have committed more of those penalties that went uncalled just as easily as Atlanta could have.

I'm all for blaming officiating when it's warranted (as it was in the NFCCG and even in week 2 in LA). But today, it's not.
Just a question...were you there? Did you see how late the flags came out? Like our players are walking off the field while punt return team is coming on the field before flags were thrown? Or are you watching single camera slowed down replays after the fact that not even the officials had the benefit of?

Just a question...were you there? Did you see how late the flags came out? Like our players are walking off the field while punt return team is coming on the field before flags were thrown? Or are you watching single camera slowed down replays after the fact that not even the officials had the benefit of?

No, not there. But Payton and Davis each were. And both of them agreed with the calls.

And I agreed after watching slow mo replays. And it doesn't matter when the flags were thrown, as long as it was the right call. Would we have cared if the flag for PI was thrown five seconds late in the NFCCG last year?

No, not there. But Payton and Davis each were. And both of them agreed with the calls.

And I agreed after watching slow mo replays. And it doesn't matter when the flags were thrown, as long as it was the right call. Would we have cared if the flag for PI was thrown five seconds late in the NFCCG last year?
It’s also possible we are the only team to ever have a bounty program....

TONS of recently added younger, inexperienced officials, are a huge factor and impact to games. They continue to want to show “who they are”. Make a name for themselves. Get noticed. Add in, the recent promotion of more seasoned offcials to the head official position, adds more incompetency. It is sickening.

How does the “promotion of more seasoned offcials to the head official position” add more incompetency?

It’s also possible we are the only team to ever have a bounty program....

Not sure what that has to do with one game where we committed a ton of obvious, crushing penalties. Are the officials just supposed to ignore those?

Not sure what that has to do with one game where we committed a ton of obvious, crushing penalties. Are the officials just supposed to ignore those?

Oh stop it. You know what you are doing and you know what he's saying.

There's a reason you've never seen 4 hands to face calls in one game and it isn't because hands to face doesn't happen nearly every snap. That was a big aberration today.

Payton said during the postgame newser that ever penalty he saw was legit.

Our penalties were not because anyone was trying to prove a point or make a name for himself or because the game was fixed. The flags were thrown because we repeatedly committed crucial, legit penalties.
I had no problem with any of the calls. They were penalties. I only question the false starts cause anytime you make a defense jump and the OLine response you always get that call. Those 2 I didn't like.

I can't complain about the others, we played dumb.

Oh stop it. You know what you are doing and you know what he's saying.

There's a reason you've never seen 4 hands to face calls in one game and it isn't because hands to face doesn't happen nearly every snap. That was a big aberration today.

They were blatant, obvious penalties. Payton said after the game the game was called well. I’m sure it’s happened before where a team commits those penalties and they go uncalled, but officials absolutely miss calls. It happens.

The bottom line here: the officials didn’t cost us anything today. That can’t always be said, and I pointed out specific instances of it. But today, it’s true.

Cam Jordan goes to a Pelicans game dressed like a NFL referee (with yellow flag in tow), makes a big deal of it on social media and (again) makes a Foot Locker employee joke

Saints get called for everything the following week that could possibly be thrown their way

Not surprised Sean didnt dig the whole deeper by calling out the play of the officials....there was plenty to blame his team for anyway

Cam Jordan goes to a Pelicans game dressed like a NFL referee (with yellow flag in tow), makes a big deal of it on social media and (again) makes a Foot Locker employee joke

Saints get called for everything the following week that could possibly be thrown their way

Not surprised Sean didnt dig the whole deeper by calling out the play of the officials....there was plenty to blame his team for anyway
Excellent take and observation. Without seeing the broadcast. I wonder if tv showed the false start on their right tackle on a touchdown that was ignored. He backed up then turned around and played it off like he was just trying to hear an audible.

Their was plenty of heated arguments with the officials during commercials. Payton repeatedly told to get off field. He knows the game wasnt called fairly but also knows the league can justify the calls individually like Saint Spud is doing. I mean, every time we kicked off they had a guy lined up too far back, yet it was never called. No one expects bs calls like that. What makes it bad is when they chose to call them.

You mean like they ignored the obvious penalties by The Falcons. Our player elbowed in the throat then punched in the face mask in front of the official, no call, shocker.

Their was plenty of heated arguments with the officials during commercials. Payton repeatedly told to get off field. He knows the game wasnt called fairly but also knows the league can justify the calls individually like Saint Spud is doing. I mean, every time we kicked off they had a guy lined up too far back, yet it was never called. No one expects bs calls like that. What makes it bad is when they chose to call them.

I think the most fustrating part of what officiating has become in the NFL has been the inconsistancy of calls. There have been so many new rules added to the books, and the bar lowered so far on what is considered an infraction, you can call a penalty on any given play.

Teams play in a grey space where they are technically either bending the rules, or being very discret about it. If your team isnt doing it too, then you're playing at a competitive disadvantage. In the words of Days of Thunder....Rubbing is Racing!

This isnt to take anything away from the teams poor play...but the bad officiating doesnt happen in a bubble, and its impossible to know how things might have turned out differently if Atlanta got more of their fair share

Payton said during the postgame newser that ever penalty he saw was legit.

Our penalties were not because anyone was trying to prove a point or make a name for himself or because the game was fixed. The flags were thrown because we repeatedly committed crucial, legit penalties.
Payton did not want to make excuses. However, the refs dictated the flow of the game. How many times did they bail Atlanta out with flags. Many were legit. Some were absolute head scratchers. The "hands to the face" that supposedly occurred before a pass on 3rd down but the flag was thrown as the punting unit was heading onto the field? The false start on 4th down when the defensive player clearly jumped into the neutral zone? Those alone were two huge calls. We lost the game with poor play in all areas of the game, but it is not accurate to say it was called fairly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom