Younger inexperienced officials. (1 Viewer)

No. But I doubt anyone here did, either. And people are making assumptions that the Falcons were committing blatant penalties that the officials missed whereas we were just unlucky that they caught the ones we committed (and didn’t miss others we committed).

There just isn’t evidence that the officiating was called improperly. Certainly nothing beyond a normal game and certainly nothing one-sided.

How about the elbow and throat punch on one of ours after the play? No call.

At first I was like. wth. Then on reply I was like. Ooooookay. I won’t blame the refs on this one. A lot of those penalties we own. We got fat and lazy. Payton will fix this.

Right? I’m literally down one eye and losing the rest of my sight in the other, and I STILL saw it.
As I’ve said, the penalties were mostly correct on us but it was not called evenly and that is clear as day.

Again, I already pointed that one call out.

It was one call and only would have likely cost Atlanta 10 yards in field position on the punt. At best.

the 2 false start penalties that were really encroachment penalties
also the false start on the falcoms td that Cam was losing his mind about but wasn't called
The first one, I definitely didn't think they crossed the line..the second was closer.

Neither of the false starts should have been encroachments. They were both correct calls.

And I did see Cam pointing at the Falcons player. But I didn’t see any actual foul (and they didn’t show the replay).
The RT flinched and then stood up, out of his stance, before the ball was snapped. Cam was pointing and going crazy. Result of the play was a TD to the TE.

Payton said during the postgame newser that ever penalty he saw was legit.

Our penalties were not because anyone was trying to prove a point or make a name for himself or because the game was fixed. The flags were thrown because we repeatedly committed crucial, legit penalties.
You think there was only 6 or 7 hands to the face the whole game and they all occurred on 3rd down stops?

I already pointed that one out earlier in the thread.

“They missed what should have been a PI that Apple drew. Beyond that, I didn’t see anything obvious they missed against Atlanta.”
There was an intentional grounding that wasn’t called and twice the defense jumped while we were flagged. I don’t care if they didn’t jump into neutral zone,....the defense used to have make contact to get flagged until Neil Smith mastered flinching to make the O-line jump. He literally would just flinch his hand on the ground and eventually get flagged for making the offense jump.

You think there was only 6 or 7 hands to the face the whole game and they all occurred on 3rd down stops?

No.

I'm saying the ones they *did* call were legit and there was no evidence to show that any fouls they *missed* were one-sided. We could have committed more of those penalties that went uncalled just as easily as Atlanta could have.

I'm all for blaming officiating when it's warranted (as it was in the NFCCG and even in week 2 in LA). But today, it's not.

There was an intentional grounding that wasn’t called and twice the defense jumped while we were flagged. I don’t care if they didn’t jump into neutral zone,....the defense used to have make contact to get flagged until Neil Smith mastered flinching to make the O-line jump. He literally would just flinch his hand on the ground and eventually get flagged for making the offense jump.

Those were not offsides penalties. They never crossed the neutral zone, as Charles Davis and Sean Payton both pointed out. They're allowed to move around all they want if they don't cross. They were false starts.

And I don't remember an intentional grounding at all.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom