Your draft wish list (3 rounds)... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Choose 3 players in the 1st 3 rounds that you'd like the Saints to take... order them from most wanted-to-least... and be "realistic" with their availability.

I'd like...

Rd 1:

Ellis - Would be a dream for him to fall... possible... but not likely
Phillips - I like KP... I think he can be that guy in our secondary that could erase mistakes
Rivers - We've been needing a WILL LB for a while.

Rd 2:

DRC - May be the best CB in the draft... small school may push him to the 2nd.
Lofton - Tackling machine from OU... solid MIKE
Mayo - See Lofton... Mayo is a beast

Rd 3:

Chevis Jackson - Man cover corner... his whoel college career... his 40 time will be huge for him if he times good.
Okam - We need big bodies in the middle
Pat lee- Solid CB...

Last edited:
not like this wont change after the combine/fa but ill play along

1) ellis, drc, talib

2) lofton, mayo, top rated corner

3) okam, chevis, forte

rd. 1. Rodgers Cromartie
rd. 2. Frank Okam
rd. 3 Shawn Crable

Right now...

1.) Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
2.) Curtis Lofton, ILB, Oklahoma
3.) Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame

We also sign:

Marcus Trufant, CB, Seattle Seahawks
Demorrio Williams, OLB, Atlanta Falcons

RDE, Will Smith
DT, Sedrick Eillis
DT, Trevor Laws
LDE, Charles Grant

WLB, Demorrio Williams
MLB, Curtis Lofton
SLB, Scott Fujita

FS, Josh Bullocks
SS, Roman Harper

RCB, Mike McKenzie
LCB, Marcus Trufant

Last edited:
1) Ellis, if gone, Phillips
2)Lofton, if gone, Mayo
3)Okam, if gone, Lee

1st round

1. Glendrick Dorlis (I think one of them could fall; see my breakdown.)
2. DRC
3. Kentwan Balmer. (I am warming up to this Kiper projection in the hopes that I won't be so disappointed if we do take him. Freaky athletic; he could be a stud.)

Basically, we need to free up the pass-rush with a strong DT. Obviously, Ellis would be choice #1, with Dorsey 1a. If we can't get one of them, I think that DRC has the most upside of any corner in this draft and it'd be exciting to see him lace up every week; hopefully he could echo his cousin. I don't dislike the Balmer choice at this point. Big guy, quick feet, 6'5, rangy athlete; he could get in there and clog up the middle or shoot through the gap. He's got lots of upside and I think his grade will improve immensely at this point.

2nd:

1. MLB: Curtis Lofton or Phillip Wheeler
2. Pass-rusher: OLBs Shawn Crable or Quentin Groves or DE: Lawrence Jackson
3. Patrick Lee

We need an anchor for our MLB corps; we've needed a stud LB for a long time and Lofton looks to fit the bill. Wheeler's an athletic specimen who could really impress at upcoming workouts. If not them, then more pass-rush baby! Crable or Groves to take on the WILL and attack the QB; these guys are big, physical, speedy, athletic players who could really cause some damage. Lawrence Jackson would come in and rotate with Grant and Smith to always provide fresh legs at DE, like Justin Tuck does with Strahan and Osi. You can never have too many good pass-rushers! Patrick Lee: Well, our CB play is dreadful!

3rd:

Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
Lavelle Hawkins, WR, Cal
BPA?

Who knows what the pickings will be at this point? I think that with the LB depth in this year's draft class, a solid LB could still be on the board and I think Beau Bell might be the guy, as he's from a smaller school. Bryant, well, we do need DT help and if we don't get it sooner, we should be looking at it. Lavelle Hawkins: This guy was overshadowed at Cal by DeSean Jackson; I think he could be a 2nd-rounder by the draft; he's rising. BPA: Whoever's around that could contribute and fight for significant playing time.

Round 1 - Dorsey/Ellis, but since that's not going to happen, I'll hope for a trade down and DRC being the pick.

Round 2 - Lofton, Lofton, or Lofton. If gone, Xavier Adibi wouldn't be a bad pick.

Round 3 - Frank Okam, Chevis Jackson, or maybe Pat Sims.

As stated before me, I'm sure this will change slightly after the combine...

1st Round
1A. DT Sedrick Ellis
1B. FS Kenny Phillips
1C. CB Mike Jenkins
1D. LB Keith Rivers

Kenny Phillips is the playmaker we are missing on our defense. And who doesn't love a hard hitting safety? Mike Jenkins is a strong, good physical corner, that fits our man scheme. We dont need any short skinny corners. Keith Rivers has been lacking lately, and Dan Connor is not even impressive in my opinion.

2nd Round
2A. LB Shawn Crable
2B. LB Curtis Lofton
2C. LB Jerod Mayo
2D. CB DRC

We need a name for a linebacking corps. Scott Fujita is solid, but he might not be the fastest. A 6'5 guy like Crable, or a explosive guy like Lofton would bring some athleticism to our lackluster defense.

3rd Round
3A. CB Patrick Lee
3B. CB Chevis Jackson

This is where we take a solid mid talent corner. Patrick Lee has good size 6-0, and incredible speed. Chevis Jackson is another physical corner, though not the fastest.

4th Round
4. LB Jonathan Goff

We desperately need more youth and speed in our LB corps. Goff reminds me of a smaller Patrick Willis.

5th Round
5. TE Kellen Davis

Sean Payton wants to draft offense. We need WRs and TEs. Since there are no good TEs in free agency, we should pick up a yound talented TE in the late rounds. Davis is 6-6, 260lbs. and has been somewhat of an underachiever in college. He has a lot of potential in the NFL. (Reminds me of Tony Gonzalez)

Offseason
Sign Corey Williams
Sign LB Victor Hobson
Sign WR Ernest Wilford
Trade for CB DeAngelo Hall

Highly unlikely, but my wish would be to trade for Jonathan Vilma or sign Marcus Trufant. We dont really have any solid DTs, so Corey Williams is a high priority. Victor Hobson is a solid MLB for the Jets. He is a tank at 250lbs. , has quite a few 100+ tackle seasons, and could start over Simoneau.
Ernest Wilford has great size at 6-4 and is still a young player. Matched with Drew, he could emerge as a reliable downfield threat for us, opposite of Colston. I know its unlikely, Atlanta would trade Hall to their biggest rival, but he would be a great pickup for us.

Dream Starting Lineup
QB – Drew Brees
HB – Deuce McCallister/Reggie Bush/Pierre Thomas
FB – Mike Karney
RT – Jon Stinchcomb
RG – Jahri Evans
C – Jeff Faine
LG -Jamar Nesbit
LT – Jammal Brown
WR1 – Marques Colston/Robert Meachem
WR2 – Ernest Wilford/David Patten
TE – Kellen Davis

DLT - Corey Williams
DRT – Brian Young
LE- Charles Grant
RE – Will Smith
WLB – Shawn Crable
MLB- Victor Hobson/Jonathan Goff
SLB – Scott Fujita
LCB – Mike McKenzie
RCB – DeAngelo Hall
FS – Kenny Phillips
SS – Roman Harper

Last edited:
I dont see Dorsey or Ellis making it past 5.

1) DRC/McKelvin/Connor - in no particular order
2) Cason - I think he will fall into the 2nd round remarkably, he has game speed not combine speed/Lofton/Groves
3) Red Bryant/Terell Thomas/Trevor Laws

1st = Ellis (definitely a wish)
Rivers

2nd = Lofton, Mayo, Conner

3rd = Jackson from LSU (although I doubt he will last into the 3rd round)

1. CB Cromartie (I am willing to take the risk on this kid. He has special written all over him)
2. MLB Lofton, if not him then MLB Mayo (Either would start immediately
3. DT Red Bryant (Hollis isn't getting any younger and we need to improve our interior line rotation)

My Wish list would include a trade, and a hopeful FA. If we could somehow get Briggs in here (I think he would come cheaper than one of the top corners, and being a LBer I think could make a strong impact right away)

I would actually try and pull the trigger on a deal for Shaun Rogers. I think if the Lions are really intent on selling him, I would offer a 4th for him, bring him down here and hope the hot humid offseason will help keep his weight in check and keep him at and effective weight.

Than go in the draft and take corners.

round 1
Talib
Cromartie
Jenkins
Cason

Round 2
Flowers out of Vtech

Round 3
Lee out of Auburn (doubt he lasts till 3rd tho)

1) Kenny Phillips, Sedrick Ellis
2) Jerod Mayo, Curtis Lofton
3)Patrick Lee, Chevis Jackson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom