Your favorite piece of fried chicken (1 Viewer)

No way Oye. Breasts always seem to be too dry for my taste. Flip leg and breast and I will go with that

Probably should've clarified - a good breast isn't dry, but if it is - I'd take a drumstick over it. So when I made the list, I'm thinking optimum-ly fried pieces. And a juicy breast is totally possible and they're spectacular

First the wings.
Second the rib section of the breast.
Then the thighs.

There is a couple pieces on the back of a chicken that are very tender and very good, but can't really get it if you don't fry the chicken yourself.

Another side note, here in South Florida we have a chain, Pollo Tropical.

They grill their chicken, so it's better than a rotisserie, but similar idea. I agree that in general breast is a bit dry, but man is their grilled chicken good overall.

Get a quarter or half chicken, some rice and beans, you're good to go.

Up here, we have a Nando's nearby and they flame grill their chicken, after it's been steamed - which keeps it moist. And their peri peri sauces are amazing. I keep a bottle of the Extra Hot or Extra Extra Hot in the fridge for pork and chicken here at home.

I don't think Nando's has many spots in the US, but I've seen their sauces on the shelves at grocery stores back home.

If you see this:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

give it a shot. I've dipped Popeye's into it, before, too. And they have varying levels of heat. But it's one of the best hot sauces I've ever had. Period.

There is a couple pieces on the back of a chicken that are very tender and very good, but can't really get it if you don't fry the chicken yourself.

the oysters. Delicious. When I roast a whole chicken at home, those pieces are the reward for my effort.

Another side note, here in South Florida we have a chain, Pollo Tropical.

El Pollo Loco here in Los Angeles. I used to be a breast man, but now I prefer dark meat(there's a joke there but I ain't touching it). No wings though. Just a waste of time.

That’s why Popeyes sells a two piece, so that you don’t have to chose just one.
Breast and thigh with red beans and a biscuit.

If ever there was a hipster comment made about chicken this it.

If ever there was a hipster comment made about chicken this it.

I've never been called that before. I would say it's inaccurate lol. I just like some of the back on a chicken. Especially a rotisserie chicken.

Too bad they don't sell a ten piece bucket of just chicken legs.

Breast. It sometimes feels like other pieces of chicken are wasting my time.

Breast > Drum > Wing > Thigh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom