Your feelings towards selling rights... (1 Viewer)

It doesn't have to be robbery when they sell you the rights. A guy on this forum sold me the rights to one of his season tickets. All he did was charge me the face value of the tickets and he signed the rights over to me. Easily the best investment I have ever made. It doesn't have to be highway robbery like some people are charging.

On another note, did the guy who was trying to sell the rights for $22,000 on ebay every actually get buyer?

Ohhhh. I didnt know you could do that--- but my wife handles the account. Good thing, huh?

Selling my account? hmmmm. naaa. That would be like pawning our wedding rings.

Wedding rings? Who needs wedding rings? I wouldn't even know where mine is, but I would love to buy some club level tix between the 40s!

I don't have a problem with it. It's Supply and demand at work there. Of course, I already have season tickets. Six of them. When the Saints came back home I wanted to do everything that I could to support them. My wife and I use a set, and two of my kids pay for and use the other two sets.

If I were on the other side of the issue trying to acquire season tickets I might be quite frustrated about that, so I understand where you are coming from... but I just can't blame a person for trying to make money by selling his tickets along with the rights. I mean, there were a lot of years when a season ticket holder couldn't give a ticket away. Believe me, I know!

I can understand passing the rights down to someone in the family and maybe that's what was initially intended, don't know. But without having bought a PSL, I wish the organization wouldn't allow it. If the team sold me a PSL, then I'd feel I'd have more right to sell my rights. I'm not on the list and have been a STH since 2000.

It's probably financially better I dont get rights, but I want them :(

The guy earlier said it best...you cannot sell the "rights" to your season tickets. Person A who has season tickets will get the tickets and sell them to person B and he will continue to renew them in his name for the benefit of person B. If Person A goes to the Saints and says that he wants B to get his tickets, the Saints are going to say no. They will take the next person off the waiting list instead.

Actually that is incorrect boss. Person A can sign the tickets over to person B

The guy earlier said it best...you cannot sell the "rights" to your season tickets. Person A who has season tickets will get the tickets and sell them to person B and he will continue to renew them in his name for the benefit of person B. If Person A goes to the Saints and says that he wants B to get his tickets, the Saints are going to say no. They will take the next person off the waiting list instead.

What I read in another thread says different. This guy wrote that he and the person he "transfered" his rights to went to the Saints office, filled out a form and it was done.

Actually that is incorrect boss. Person A can sign the tickets over to person B

Yea, I'm looking at my invoice under Additional Seat Requests, and it says, "If you wish to transfer a seat to another person, a form can be sent to you upon request."

I would like to transfer my tickets to someone else’s name? How do I do that?

You can transfer your position on the list to someone else by submitting a Transfer of Ownership form to the Saints. A minimal fee will be charged. The transfer must be approved by the Saints, and the transfer fee is not applied towards the eventual purchase of season tickets.

Season tickets can be transferred to the below qualifying heirs and transferees upon the season ticket holder's notarized authorization on our official transfer form. Transfers are processed in January/February (or upon the completion of the football season) to take effect for the next season's invoicing. (Once the invoicing process has begun, all transfer requests are held until the following year.) Should you wish to transfer your tickets upon death, a completed transfer form can be left with your will to be presented after your demise. To obtain a copy of the transfer form, please contact the ticket office at (504) 731-1700.

New Orleans Saints - Season Tickets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom