Your feelings towards selling rights... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What are your feelings towards people selling their "rights" to their tickets?

I, personally, am against it and feel the Saints organization should remove a holders rights if they try to sell them. This is of course coming from someone who has no rights and refuses to buy rights hehe. One day... might take 10 years, I will get season tickets and will keep them foreverrrrrrr ;D

we should be able to make money if we choose that route. we sold out the stadium when they were 3-13. I seriously doubt you will ever see season tickets as the ticket reps sell to current season ticket holders any seats that become available, BEFORE they even touch the waiting list.

Why would you buy them and turn around and sell them?

I put myself on the waiting list last year. I am eventually going to move to that area as soon as I can. I figure by the time I get down there. I will be next in line for tickets.

I wasnt aware we had payed for any "rights." Are you talking about PSL's? Dont get me started. . . Al Davis really did more to **** up the NFL than any other owner, when he invented that little scheme. Go to a Texans game sometime, and you'll see the other effect of overpricing the game experience--- sleepy, uninterested fans. When you price the people who care the most out of the game, don't expect the stadium to remain electric.

PSL's might bring the end of my interest in the NFL. Dont tell me we're considering them, please.

I plan on moving out of Louisiana in the next few years but I am not, in no way going to sell my rights. I will make it to all the games I can and just give the others to my buddy who sits next to me. So, for someone moving away maybe they want to sell the rights to a person of their choice?

I wasnt aware we had payed for any "rights." Are you talking about PSL's?

Selling rights mean you sell someone your account. For example you get someone to pay you 2000 and then they take over your account and pay for thier tickets. In future yrs they own the account.

Theres a guy selling tickets on ebay above face value and wants $3000 for the tickets/rights.. mind you in the upper 600s. Just got an email... his invoice is $656. $2300 profit is obserd in my opinion.

I love to watch the game, but it is simply not affordable especially with the increasing cost of living :(

Last edited:
Selling rights mean you sell someone your account. For example you get someone to pay you 2000 and then they take over your account and pay for thier tickets. In future yrs they own the account.
Ohhhh. I didnt know you could do that--- but my wife handles the account. Good thing, huh?

Selling my account? hmmmm. naaa. That would be like pawning our wedding rings.

I wasnt aware we had payed for any "rights." Are you talking about PSL's? Dont get me started. . . Al Davis really did more to **** up the NFL than any other owner, when he invented that little scheme. Go to a Texans game sometime, and you'll see the other effect of overpricing the game experience--- sleepy, uninterested fans. When you price the people who care the most out of the game, don't expect the stadium to remain electric.

PSL's might bring the end of my interest in the NFL. Dont tell me we're considering them, please.

I think what he means is if you had season tickets you could sell the "rights," to them. Basically you would sign a contract with the buyer and sell him the tickets every year plus an initial cost for the "rights." I think a few ticket agencies will sell the first option to buy a set of tickets they get each year but the price is insane.

Just after we signed Brees. I am still kicking myself, I had them picked out and everything, corner of the endzone in the lower terrace about row five I think. All I had to do was click the buy button. I am still sick about it. My reasoning though was that now I live in Baton Rouge and I will be moving to Atlanta in a few months from now. I would of had two full seasons and the "rights," to the tickets. Man I'm a fool.

I plan on moving out of Louisiana in the next few years but I am not, in no way going to sell my rights. I will make it to all the games I can and just give the others to my buddy who sits next to me. So, for someone moving away maybe they want to sell the rights to a person of their choice?
I'm with ya! I bought my season tickets to save the Saints for New Orleans....I plan on keeping my tickets and the rights to keep renewing them in my family for generations ahead!
:9:

I dont like it eithier, but it's the only way to gaurentee the ticket holder gets the same seats year in year out...

I dont like it eithier, but it's the only way to gaurentee the ticket holder gets the same seats year in year out...

I understand that, but I dont like the idea that there is nothing wrong with selling the rights... Half the time its moreles robbery.

I'm with ya! I bought my season tickets to save the Saints for New Orleans
That's why we bought initially, too. I never really thought beyond the first year. Then lo and behold, it became the hottest ticket in town. Sometimes the comments I read (NOT talking about any comments from this thread!!!) makes me think those people take the position that if you want to give up your tickets, you're somehow giving up on the Saints. But if no one ever gives up their tickets and signs over the rights, no one on the waiting list will ever get a chance.

Anyone remember in Fever Pitch where Jimmy Fallon was going to sell the rights to his Red Sox tickets to his friend for 100,000? I never knew such a thing was possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom