Your Happy Place (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We all have a place, or maybe a handful of places that are our ‘happy place’.. For me, it’d be hard to narrow it down to one, but , in no particular order, it’s:

- The Superdome.. my earliest memories are going to the Ringling Bros circus at 3 or 4 years old there, and Saints games w/Archie Manning, Jazz games w/Pistol Pete around the same time.. also as mentioned in another thread, i worked there as an usher in college.. i know I’ve entered those hallowed gates over 100 times, but would be impossible to put an accurate number on it.. my last time there, watched LSU win a national title a few months ago.

- Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shoppe.. too many great times in America’s Oldest Bar[tm] to list.. just a special place for me.

- Siesta Key Beach, Sarasota, FL- listed many times as the Best Beach in America, it’s a just a beautiful place with amazing sunsets.. and has something special that i cant define, but that , for me, puts in ahead of places like Destin or even Hawaii.. hoping to get back once the virus eases up in Florida.

- Tiger Stadium.. and the LSU campus in general.. just representative of some fond memories over the years.

ETA: editing my original post to include The Road... get me on a road trip anywhere, with satellite radio and comfortable seats (and preferably my dog) and I’m a pretty happy guy... Except for that stretch of I10 between Houston and BR/NOLA.. screw that ride.

Last edited:
On stage

My grandparents’s house In N Mississippi- swimming, canoeing and fishing in summer
Cows, hay bales, cutting down your own Christmas tree in winter

Post-coitus - doesn’t matter where

City Park or Zoo with my kids

Algiers Ferry (esp in early fog) used to bring great contentment

The Smokies

Hmmmm....happy place or fondest memories? i guess they go hand in hand

Fondest memories was growing up in Algiers. From walking home in a toga from party in Park Timbers at 4am ( i was 15 lololol ) to riding bikes across the ferry to Worlds Fair in 1984 ....it was truly a great place to grow up in the 80s.

Soccer field. didnt matter where.

Switzerland. Specific to Chateau Chillon ( my aunts family were caretakers and we would spend a week living there ) and the trains- taking high speed TGV trains to Germany, France etc.

Warehouse district- first apt was there - spent 2 years in the thick of it.

the Rockies- Specifically Red Rocks. then Breckenridge area.

now? my back yard. put up a bird feeder about 3 weeks ago and get all sorts of birds - woodpeckers seem to run the show. They show up, and the others perch on fence waiting turn lol

Park Hyatt in Bangkok. Spend a lot of time in this hotel and they always put me in the same room (3212). Amazing view of the city and Southeast Asia in general is my happy place.

Seat 2A on just about any flight. Travel a ton and this is generally my seat when I fly commercial. Sometimes 3A on international flights if it's 1-2-1 seating and 3A is farther from the aisle than 2A.

Any Kitchen. When life gets out of control and all the other distractions from work/life start to take over just getting into a kitchen and cooking helps me to refocus.

Forgot to include in my original post, one of my happiest places, in a general sense- is The Road... get me on a road trip anywhere, with satellite radio and comfortable seats (and preferably my dog) and I’m a pretty happy guy... Except for that stretch of I10 between Houston and BR/NOLA.. screw that ride.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom