Your Impression of Coby Fleener so far (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but so far I'm a little disappointed. And seeing how his targets per game lately is not much to look at I'd say so is Brees. Fleener in my opinion has big play potential but he has dropped too many passes and just seems to be a step slow on his routes. I was telling one of my best friends the other day the one thing missing from the Saints offense right now is the threat of big plays at the seams. Colston and Graham made a living doing that in their heyday. For the money Fleener is getting paid he needs to step up starting tomorrow and help out Cooks, Snead and Thomas.

So far a guy who catches a ball in perfect conditions. Drew fits the ball into tight spaces and Fleener hasn't been able to make those catches in tight spaces so far. It's not like he is a rookie or hasn't played with a top tier QB. I expected more from him but we have a good enough receiving group to cover him sometimes.

There are a lot of other tight ends making tougher catches around the league not making as much as he is.

My impression so far..
kZD8cN1MycfKw.gif

Not what we need. If you are a pass catching, below average blocking, TE for the Saints, you need to be able to catch seam routes and contested balls. Fleener has not shown that he can do that.

So far a guy who catches a ball in perfect conditions. Drew fits the ball into tight spaces and Fleener hasn't been able to make those catches in tight spaces so far. It's not like he is a rookie or hasn't played with a top tier QB. I expected more from him but we have a good enough receiving group to cover him sometimes.

There are a lot of other tight ends making tougher catches around the league not making as much as he is.

Yep, and 1 of them is on this team.

My bottom lip pokes out when you mention his name for now. Hopefully we'll continue to see improvement.

Inconsistent and soft are the first words that jump to front of mind when I think about how Fleener has looked as a Saint.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/saintsb_logo.gif

Saints sign TE Coby Fleener (5 years, $36 million): KIELBASA SLIPS THROUGH THE FINGERS MILLEN Grade
I wonder how it feels to be a Colts fan right now. On one hand, they must be very depressed that they still have the incompetent Ryan Grigson running things. On the other hand, they have to be cracking up upon seeing the numbers Coby Fleener received from the Saints.

This signing is horrible. Aside from perhaps Vernon Davis, no tight end drops more passes than Coby Fleener. I'm sure he'll post some great numbers with Drew Brees throwing the ball to him, but he'll absolutely kill his new team with some untimely drops. Then again, maybe he won't be a fantasy monster, given that he couldn't produce with Andrew Luck, even when Dwayne Allen was out of the lineup with his injury issues.

This is an easy Millen. I don't understand what the Saints saw in him to make them believe that he's worth more than $7 million per year. Fleener, an average starter at best, would've been overpaid had he gotten half as much.

For a man of his size, he plays the position rather soft. I thought he would be a serious red zone nightmare for opposing defenses.

Josh hill has way better hands than Fleener. I dont like players that drop balls consistently... Coleman, Fleener

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom