Your "Must See" Movie Picks for December? (1 Viewer)

LSF45

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
December is usually the big month for Academy Award seeking films, major epic movies in the same vein as Lord of the Rings, and family friendly pictures. This year is no exception.

Just a few of them:

DECEMBER 3, 2010
ALL GOOD THINGS - Starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst
BLACK SWAN - Starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis
I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS - Starring Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey
THE WARRIOR'S WAY - Starring Kate Bosworth and Jang Dong Gun

DECEMBER 10, 2010
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER - Starring Ben Barnes and Skandar Keynes
THE COMPANY MEN - Starring Ben Affleck and Kevin Costner
THE FIGHTER - Starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale
THE TEMPEST (Limited) - Starring Helen Mirren and Russell Brand
THE TOURIST - Starring Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie

DECEMBER 17, 2010
HOW DO YOU KNOW - Starring Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd
RABBIT HOLE - Starring Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart
TRON: LEGACY - Starring Jeff Bridges and Garrett Hedlund
YOGI BEAR - Featuring the voices of Justin Timberlake and Dan Aykroyd

DECEMBER 22, 2010
COUNTRY STRONG - Starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw
GULLIVER'S TRAVELS - Starring Jack Black and Emily Blunt
LITTLE FOCKERS - Starring Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro
SOMEWHERE - Starring Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning
TRUE GRIT - Starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon

DECEMBER 31, 2010
BLUE VALENTINE - Starring Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams

For me, Tron: Legacy, The Fighter, and True Grit are the pictures I am anticipating the most.

The previews for Tron look amazing. I like the first film, even though it's over 20 years old and really dated by today's technology, but it had a fun story and great performances from Jeff Bridges. Now, with him back, and Disney putting all of its money into making this film look beautiful in every way, I feel like Tron: Legacy will be the big earner this December. I can't wait to see this film.

The Fighter has a solid cast of Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, and Amy Adams. It's also about one of my favorite boxers of all time, Mickey Ward. Ward was a brawler who was probably best known for his epic fights with Arturo Gatti (which you all should see at least once in your lives). It looks like a gritty, emotional, and tough picture that will really be contending for the Best Picture nod for the Academy Awards. If you like Rocky, Raging Bull, or The Hurricane, I bet you'll love this one.

Finally, I really like the previews for True Grit. Again, another Jeff Bridges picture that takes on the western, revenge genre. It looks like it'll be a violent, dark, and hard film to watch. But, it could also be a terrific picture in the same vein as No Country for Old Men and Unforgiven. Probably my dark horse for "must see" in December.

So, what are you all interested in seeing this month? If you all have any questions on upcoming pictures, feel free to post them here too. I'll do my best to answer any questions about the upcoming pictures so you all can be ready to watch before they hit theaters.

True Grit. 127 Hours came out in November but it should be seeing a wider release in December. I'll probably re-watch that.

Why do pretty much all the movies that start with "THE" come out the same weekend? (except for one)

The only ones that hold my interest at all are True Grit, Tron: Legacy, and Narnia.

Ture Grit promises to be an outstanding film (hope it pays off); Tron: Legacy probably won't be a great movie, buyt ought to be fun in IMAX 3D. The Narnia films have been well done so far and I think my kids will enjoy it (I will, too, I imagine).

Can't see very much for the "Must See Films" list, though. However, to be honest, there haven't been many of those in the last 5 years at least.

Now, for "Must Miss Films" I see several candidates: Little Fockers, Gulliver's Travels w/Jack Black, and computer animated Yogi Bear top that list. You couldn't pay me enough...

I'm interested in "The Warrior's Way", "TRON" and "True Grit". Everything else I can wait for until video.

I'm interested in seeing "Black Swan"... its received rave reviews. More of psychological thriller than just a ballet/chick flick. I really like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis and they're supposed to be fantastic in it.

Also looking forward to "The Fighter". Usually love me some Mark Wahlberg movies, even though he's an @ ss in interviews (he was so rude to Craig Ferguson). I am looking forward to seeing him as a sweaty boxer :hihi:

Just saw "Love and Other Drugs" this past weekend because me and some friends had free passes. Oh my goodness, it was pretty much soft core p o rn. Jake Gyllenhall and Anne Hathaway were nekkid in about 60% of the film. It wasn't a rom com. It was a bit of a downer love story. I can't imagine any man wanting to sit through it, unless you want to see Anne Hathaway. Otherwise, Ladies, Jake Gyllenhall is worth seeing this movie for!

true-grit-remake.jpg

images

I'm most interested in Black Swan, True Grit, Tron: Legacy (early word isn't so great, but I'll see it anyway) and The Warrior's Way.

Yogi Bear may be what finally destroys us all.

I may see "Black Swan" just to watch Portman and Kunis for almost 2 hours.

Aronofsky's one of my favorite director. So I have to go with "Black Swan". "True Grit" will be good as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom