Your perfect day in New Orleans... (1 Viewer)

Buzd,
What is your opinion on Sunday brunch at Elizabeth's? I am thinking about doing that when my sister visits in November.

Buzd,
What is your opinion on Sunday brunch at Elizabeth's? I am thinking about doing that when my sister visits in November.

I really like it. It's by no means a traditional brunch. It's bustling and crowded and there will probably be a wait. I wouldn't consider it traditional brunch food - more like heavy breakfast (or lunch) food with a seriously New Orleans twist. Service won't be great, but prices are reasonable.

With all that said - you will probably have a really good time. Wait at the bar upstairs (which is a cool space) and have a cocktail (good bloodys, IIRC). Flag a server for your next drink when they come by, because sometimes they have a bartender up there and sometimes not. While the food is not "eggs benedict", it's great and there's plenty of it. It's a bustling, "N'awlins" place.

Also, not the place to have a long, lingering meal (unless you go later in the day), just because there will be people waiting for tables. They don't rush you, just don't have 7 cups of coffee while the check is on the table.

Definitely recommended.

Oh - and if you're not from that part of town, the drive down through the Marigny and along the river is a treat.

I really like it. It's by no means a traditional brunch. It's bustling and crowded and there will probably be a wait. I wouldn't consider it traditional brunch food - more like heavy breakfast (or lunch) food with a seriously New Orleans twist. Service won't be great, but prices are reasonable.

With all that said - you will probably have a really good time. Wait at the bar upstairs (which is a cool space) and have a cocktail (good bloodys, IIRC). Flag a server for your next drink when they come by, because sometimes they have a bartender up there and sometimes not. While the food is not "eggs benedict", it's great and there's plenty of it. It's a bustling, "N'awlins" place.

Also, not the place to have a long, lingering meal (unless you go later in the day), just because there will be people waiting for tables. They don't rush you, just don't have 7 cups of coffee while the check is on the table.

Definitely recommended.

Oh - and if you're not from that part of town, the drive down through the Marigny and along the river is a treat.

Thanks! I knew you would have an informed opinion. Sounds like a good pick. It seemed like an interesting spot we would enjoy. Can't wait!

one day in n'awlins?

my lovely daughter and i had an incredible sunday last week.

breakfast at brennan's---make reservations and be willing to spend $120 for the most incredible dining experience of your life. dress up---feel important and enjoy!

head back to jackson square----we happened upon a 75th birthday extravaganza a true n'awlins parade. we were invited to join a second line behind the birthday girl's carriage which started with about 75 marchers and ended with a thousand. truly memorable!!

cafe du monde--caffeine and sugar----any questions?

quick wardrobe change and a streetcar ride to the dome for a saints thrashing of the jets.

steak dinner at landry's with a few abita drafts.

stroll of bourbon.

pizza pickup on esplanade dined poolside at the lemothe house .

captain morgan til midnight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom