" Your " preferred Saints players , all time. Who makes up your team (1 Viewer)

I left off Sharper because he is a criminal. Otherwise I would replace Tyrone Hughes with him
Criminal or not you can’t take away those 9 interceptions in 2009 he was All-Pro

Scumbag in his personal life yes but without Sharper were ringless still.....

jus call it what it is he was a hell of a player maybe future hall of famer 3x All pro 6 Probowls
but dude was sick in the head predator on and off the field

That’s still doesn’t take away that he had the greatest season and maybe TOp 5 all time for a FS in black and gold

I was about to post my team but you did it first. I might put Sharper at safety instead of Maxie.
I struggled the most with that FS spot. I almost went with Sharper, but longevity was the factor for me. He had that one outstanding year and then he fell off a cliff in his last year. He actually began to struggle some in the back end of that Superbowl season.

I wasn’t really around for Tommy Myers, and the premise of the thread is that this would be my team, so I left him off. I actually almost put Malcolm Jenkins in that spot. In fact, I could probably be talked into making that switch now. But Maxie was good enough, I suppose. Other than 2009, it’s the one position that the Saints have never really had a legitimate star (since I began following them in the late 80’s).

For those who don't remember George Rogers, he had Deuce's strength, with Reggie-like moves and acceleration. There's a reason he was a Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick, and Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Criminal or not you can’t take away those 9 interceptions in 2009 he was All-Pro

Scumbag in his personal life yes but without Sharper were ringless still.....

jus call it what it is he was a hell of a player maybe future hall of famer 3x All pro 6 Probowls
but dude was sick in the head predator on and off the field

That’s still doesn’t take away that he had the greatest season and maybe TOp 5 all time for a FS in black and gold

Yeah I kinda felt a little greasy putting Sharper on my team but the dude had one of the most special seasons of all time for us in '09. He had 9 picks and took 3 of them to the house. He was incredible that year.

Offense.
QB-Brees, Hebert
RB- Hilliard, McAllister, Pierre Thomas
FB- Gajan
WR- Thomas, Abramowicz, Colston, Wes Chandler
TE-Childs, Graham
Center-Hilgenberg
G- Kupp, Evans, Dombrowski
T-Roaf,Brock, Armstead

Defense
DE- Jordan, Martin
DT- Derland Moore, Frank Warren, La’Roi Glover
LB- Swilling, Mills, Jackson, Johnson
DB- Tommy Myers, Lattimore, Sharper, Greer
K-Andersen
P-Morestad
KR- Beerman

QB
Drew Brees
Archie Manning
Aaron Brooks

RB
AK
Deuce
Sproles

FB
Ironhead
Neal

WR
MT
Colston
Horn
Chandler
Eric Martin

TE
Jimmy G
Shocky
Watson

LT
Roaf
Armstead (OP actually prefers Stinchcomb and Brock over Armstead? Neither are close to as good but preferred....ok, I guess people will take injury history as a reason?)

LG
Nicks
Brad Edelman

C
Unger
Bentley

RG
Evans
Emanuel Zanders

RT
Ram
Jamal Brown

LE
Cam Jordan
Wayne Martin (how can anyone leave him off, missed 1 game in 11 years and is third all time in sacks for the Saints)

RE
Will Smith
Joe Johnson

DT
Glover
Hand

LB
Rickey Jackson
Sam Mills
Vaughn Johnson
Demario Davis
Vilma

CB
Lattimore
Jabari Greer
Mike Mackenzie
Eric Allen
Porter

S
Sharper
Knight
Jenkins
Myers
Bell

K
Morten Anderson

P
Morestead

KR/PR
Deonte Harris (I really think he is going to be great)
Beerman

Sorry if already had this topic over the years,

I was just curious. I am talking about what Saints players of all time would you put on today's team. Not just players who put up the stats or broke records. I am asking you as an individual.
If you were to put together your team to play, which 'Saints" players would you use?

Can be old players and can be current, even if they passed away.

I am talking players that you have seen in your lifetime. As long as they played at least one full season with the Saints, who would be your players?

There is no right or wrong answer here, because this is your team and the players you would use.

Pretend you are playing Madden and you are the GM creating a team to play current NFL teams.

I am assuming the first player mentioned is your starter

OFFENSE

QB- Drew Brees , Archie Manning, Bobby Hebert

RB- Alvin Kamara , Deuce Mcalister, Pierre Thomas

FB- Ironhead Heyward, Hokie Gajan

WR- Mike Thomas, Marques Colston, Eric Martin, Joe Horn, Devery Henderson, Lance Moore

TE - Jimmy Graham, Hoby Brenner, Jeremy Shockey

Tackles- Willie Roaf, Ryan Ramczyk , Stan Brock, John Stinchcomb

Guards- Jim Dombrowski, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks, Peat (when healthy)

Center- Max Unger, LeCharles Bentley

Defense

DE- Will Smith, Cameron Jordan, Joe Johnson, Wayne Martin
DT- La'Roi Glover, Norman Hand, Frank Warren, Jim Wilks
LB- DOME PATROL, Sott Fujita, Jon Vilma
DB- Lattimore, Toi Cook , Jabari Greer, Tracy Porter
Safeties- Sammy Knight, Roman Harper

Kicker- Morton Anderson

Punter- Thomas Morestead

Returners - Tyronne Hughes , Fred McAfee, but chose Reggie Bush because I can use him as extra RB and receiver as well

This is my team , made up a lot of SuperBowl players, and all time Saints, some from 80-90's era. These are players I have seen in my lifetime that I would use. Who would " you " use ??
Pretty good list. I'd throw Demario Davis in there for me and take out Peat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom