Poll Your QB choice for 2021 (2 Viewers)

Which QB option floats your boat

• Drew returns for another season Taysom is #2

Votes: 82 47.4%
  • Drew returns for another season Winston is #2

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jameis

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Draft Pick

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Free agent (elaborate in your post)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bridgewater (assuming he had not left the team)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Taysom

Votes: 59 34.1%

• Total voters
2020 is all but confirmed to be Brees’ last year. I don’t see him returning after this season and he shouldn’t. He’s played here for 15 seasons and deserves retirement. Fast forward the process and retire his number and put his name in the Ring of Honor during the first game of 2021 when Hill starts.

Oh ye and there is Luke McCown who did well in one start against Carolina in 2015. He almost beat the Superbowl bound Panthers that year.

would have if we had a Michael Thomas instead of a Brandin Cooks.

Taysom takes over and we draft a QB in this up coming draft.

Time to move on and get more explosive at the position. (Like any other position with a 41yr old starter is your best option)

Taysom with Jameis backing him up. Different skill sets, but we've seen what Payton can cook up in a week. Imagine what he can do with an actual offseason.

I’m going with Taysom S. Young. I’ve been clamoring for a draft pick but now that I saw Taysom play, and I watched several interviews where he described basically Drew Brees passing him the torch, I think he is ready to be a full time starting QB on a winning team.
That gives us more options in the draft. And a real BPA opportunity. So if a guy like Travis Etienne falls we take him. We will need a number 2 receiver also because Sanders will be 34 next year.

I cannot really even give an honest opinion. I mean deep down- I wanna say Draft pick. But that’s contingent on who we have a shot at and even then there’s no guarantee it’ll pan out. Like having Taysom and Jameis as fallbacks sure, but what will the QB FA market look like next off season? I could never say I don’t want Drew back (and would need to slap myself if it ever came out of my mouth). If he wants to come back you have to let him. But even on team friendly deals he a high priced QB. And what version of Drew will we get? Can he hold up another season. We all thought he was IronMan, but now it’s two seasons in a row of injuries. There’s a cost-benefit analysis I don’t want to perform.

my head is spinning

Drew did sign a real 2 year deal though so we don't have to give him a new one if he wanted to return.

I would be shocked if Drew doesn't retire. However, if he wanted to come back, assuming his play doesn't drop off any further during the playoffs (there have been signs these past two years that his post-season performances are trending in the wrong direction), he should be given first choice. With a full pre-season and no further injuries, he probably remains our best chance of winning.

Of those in the building, Jameis with a full pre-season to work with Coach Payton remains my preference ahead of Hill. Hill for mine remains an unknown quantity and is still a toss of the coin as to whether he can be a permanent starter in the league. However, Taysom could overtake Winston if he keeps winning while Drew is injured. The next 2-3 weeks will tell us a lot.

Otherwise I'd like to draft Zach Wilson. I absolutely disclaim any expertise when it comes to BYU's program or Wilson's likely prospects of success in the pros, but he sure is fun to watch.

I figure Drew retires, Jameis is a FA and who knows with the draft? I say Taysom because he is the only one guaranteed to be here.

It's going to be interesting to see how the draft is gonna play out especially regarding the QB position. Due to covid will teams reach or not take any risks? I can definitely see a scenario where its Taysom, backup vet, rookie. I think a lot of people want to see what Sean can do with a young QB. We are in for an interesting ride, so for now I'm just going to enjoy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom