• Drew returns for another season Winston is #2

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jameis

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Draft Pick

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Free agent (elaborate in your post)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bridgewater (assuming he had not left the team)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Taysom

Votes: 59 34.1%

• Total voters
All of the above i like Trask as a pick. Jameis or Stafford as backup Taysom and Drew starting. or any combination.

I voted draft pick, but I also want Drew back to crush Brady's record attempt.

Greedy I know, but Jameis is probably gone, so we will either find another cast-off QB or draft someone. If we draft someone, I want top-15 value.

I'm a go with Taysom because honestly, I think he's the only real choice due to our 2021 cap situation. I do think we have to look very very hard at QBs in this draft.

Of course I'd love for Drew to return for another season, but I don't think that's realistically on the table. He not only considered retiring after last season, he DECIDED to retire. Then changed his mind at the last minute. Getting literally crushed by a defender, and spending a portion at least of the year trying to recover from that with a 40+ year old body (I personally know that age matters in this instance), I find it almost impossible that he would decide to "give it one more go!". Besides, Drew literally said, "one more year" when he came back this season. We've never known Drew to tell a lie, so there's that.

Cap-wise, I'm not sure how Drew returning would actually effect us. If he plays another season, we can push some of his money void years, and push his dead cap (huge) hit to 2022. I think that's even money really. His dead cap is right about the same as you'd expect his 1 year deal to be if he played in 2021. Regardless, I don't think it happens.

I do think you should've put "Taysom w/ a drafted QB" as an option. But who knows. SP could VERY WELL decide, "Hey, I like Taysom w/ Treavor Siemian backing him up. Sounds like a very Sean Payton thing to do to be honest.
I never heard Brees saying the words “one more year”. Brees said he was coming back and i’ve heard media and “experts” say it was for 1 more you. Do you have any video/audio clips or article quotes where those words come out of Drew’s mouth?

Hard to answer without being on the inside or at least seeing more from the other two not named Brees. If Taysom continues to grow and actually turns into what Payton thinks he could, it might be in our best interest to go younger next year. If Brees wanted to return, and I knew he was still the best man for the job, of course I'd want Brees. Same goes for Winston. I just want the best man for the job, and since I'm not the coach or in practices/film rooms every day, I have no idea. Just going to try to enjoy the rest of this season and let Payton make that decision.

That is my opinion. We have a QB guru as the HC so I trust his judgement.

The poll asked what YOUR preference was of the choices offered. I guess you hurt my feelings, kinda felt like you were saying I was silly for wondering what everyone's preference is. I know, I have thin skin and should probably avoid forums. I'll go curl into a fetal position with my blanky and have a nice cry now. :cry:

Last edited:
There‘s this other fella he worked with named Tony Romo who came out of nowhere to do pretty decent for himself, he helped turn Brees into arguably the GOAT, nobody wanted to touch Teddy after the injury now look at him, he coached up Kerry Collins who led the Giants to the Super Bowl, and we have Taysom looking pretty good at the moment.

Guru or just an instinct for spotting potential.

Probably a mix of the two.

I'm asking the following question because I don't know the answer.

Of all the QB's that have been on the roster (backup roles) how many went on to significant success?

It is just my opinion but I sense that Payton's rhetoric has been different when it comes to Taysom than it has for the lion's share of backups that have come and gone. Teddy is the only similar case I think of that came close. And even in that case, he wasn't trolling Super Bowl Week hyping Teddy.

The poll asked what YOUR preference was of the choices offered. I guess you hurt my feelings, kinda felt like you were saying I was silly for wondering what everyone's preference is. I know, I have thin skin and should probably avoid forums. I'll go curl into a fetal position with my blanky and have a nice cry now. :cry:

Naw I didn’t mean it that way in my perfect world Brees would play forever but I really trust coach Payton to put us in the best position to be great.

I voted Taysom only because I believe Drew will retire at the end of the season. But if he decides to come back, who am I disagree with the greatest player this franchise will ever see?

Hard to believe that someone who has posted 2552 times has no opinion.

We haven't seen enough of Winston or Taysom yet to make a choice. between them. As far as if I want Drew to play another year? Of course I do but will fully support him if he decides to call it quits. I'll just have to learn to enjoy his commentary of the Sunday NBC games next year instead. Someone from the draft is a crapshoot.

Glad to see the results are overwhelmingly in favor of Drew coming back.

Tacos is just an overwhelmingly immature option.

Tacos should be included in any pole where none of the other options meet anything I can vote for. In this case it would be either 1 or 2 but I just haven't seen enough from either to push me one way or the other under Payton's system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom