Your Worst Customer Service Experience (1 Viewer)

Most of my issues are with food. Whether it's ordering ketchup and mustard ONLY on a burger and getting everything BUT ketchup and mustard or ordering 4 softshell tacoes and being served the #4 which is certainly NOT 4 softshell tacoes, I can never get a semi-competent order-taker.

My WORST experience was with Comcast. In 2004 and 2005, I roomed with a former member of SSF (Jacob) in an apartment complex. We had the highest cable you could have without a cable box, which meant we couldn't order PPV (this will be important later). He moved out right before Katrina and I decided to get a cable box in July. Once Katrina hit, I had to move out in September. On august 30, I received a bill that stated we purchased 4 PPVs ranging from March to June. So I call them up and ask them to explain. She sees how it is impossible and says she will clear them off.

January 2006. JANUARY 2006. I get a call from Mediacom about these PPVs. So I tell her the story, she gets a supervisor, it's all clear again. I ask for confirmation that it is taken care of and she says yes.

It is still on my record 4 years later.

Mexicana Airlines.

They cancelled my flight because of swine flu (which means I get a full refund,) but tried to tell me that the flight went as scheduled and I just didn't get on it. Flightstats.org listed the flight status as "unknown" which is unheard of. After many fruitless efforts with the airline, airport, and Orbitz (don't use them either) I finally called up Mexicana and pretended to be a federal agent with the FAA and said that there is no record of flight ### ever happening and it was a grave national security concern if they were witholding information from the United States. When he finally told me the truth because I scared the crap out of him, I said "just kidding, I was on that flight that never happened. Give me my money back." And they did.

I'll preface this with;
I have AT&T cell and formerly their god awful DSL, so that really is the benchmark of horrible CS, however....

Recently, I had LASIK surgery done....
While the procedure was good (with complications), the customer service from the provider administration to the benefit disbursement agency, was a complete cluster #*$

I work for a hospital, so when the opportunity to get LASIK came, I jumped at it. I met with the DR in October to set up the appropriate flex spending deduction. All went well, and with a discount, he could get both eyes done for $3200. I set up my flex spending for 2010 for $3500 to cover the expense as well as any piddly medication expense my son may have this year.

Come the week of the procedure (first week of 2010), the office staff couldn't figure out what time my procedure was, but made sure they deducted the amount for both eyes prior to surgery. The day OF the procedure they informed me that they were only going to perform one eye.....(!)

My subsequent follow up visits, none of the office staff could ever remember what my Tx was or remember my case. They failed to provide receipt for services to my flex-spending administrator for 2 weeks, then after emailing them constantly for receipt, they never credited their overdraft (for the work not performed)....

My job sent me out of state for IT training 2 weeks after surgery (for 2 weeks), so neither communicated with the other or with me. End result, a (credit) check was cut for the balance to me, but the flex spending institution suspended my card from future use...because the DR office never substantiated those overdraft charges.....

Thing is, I really would like to get the other eye done (but by a different doctor's office)

Stay away from Pierremont Eye Institute in Shreveport

NFL.com - who last year for some reason signed me up for the monthly $9.99 rate for that audio package instead of the $30 for the whole year that I always had in the past...

Well first, I get peeved that you can't cancel online - that you have to call. Then I figured that after February it would cancel itself. Well I noticed it on my March card statement. I called and asked why and they said I had to cancel it or it would run. I asked why anyone would do that and he said, well that's just the rule we have. So basically, he admitted that you were paying for nothing at all over those months, but I guess they were hoping that people would not notice...

Anyways when I tell him I want to cancel, he asks why. "Didn't I just tell you? What the hell do I want it for in the offseason?"

His response: "So you're sure you don't want to listen to anymore games this year?"

After I berated the Indian man for a bit he then informed me that I was cancelled but although it was March 15ish that I had to pay for the months of April and May because it was too late, but I luckily could continue my use of the product until May 31.

Not that it should really come to my surprise that the NFL would try to screw over its fans though, should it?

Just went by a Dunkin Donuts location, at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon... I had a major hankering for jelly doughnuts, as you do... But they had not one single jelly doughnut on the entire premises.. The girl behind the counter was all “Sundays are pretty busy, you might have better luck coming by in the morning”.. So of course i was like “I wasnt hungry for jelly doughnuts nine hours ago, i am hungry for jelly doughnuts RIGHT NOW”....... BTW why should it ever require any amount of “luck” to find a freaking jelly doughnut at any Dunkin Donuts location that is open for business, ever?! 1st world problems, i know...

Just went by a Dunkin Donuts location, at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon... I had a major hankering for jelly doughnuts, as you do... But they had not one single jelly doughnut on the entire premises.. The girl behind the counter was all “Sundays are pretty busy, you might have better luck coming by in the morning”.. So of course i was like “I wasnt hungry for jelly doughnuts nine hours ago, i am hungry for jelly doughnuts RIGHT NOW”....... BTW why should it ever require any amount of “luck” to find a freaking jelly doughnut at any Dunkin Donuts location that is open for business, ever?! 1st world problems, i know...
Your elevator pitch for Falling Down 2 leaves much to be desired

My worst was probably fedex several times during the pandemic.

I do have a funny recent one though. I was renting a storage unit in Bangkok to move the bed out of my second bedroom to put in a desk and make an office. As I was enquiring about the sizes of the units and them asking about what was going inside etc they argued with me (very politely) through about 5 emails that a medium size unit would not work because the door was not wide enough to get the bed inside. It never occured to them (people who work in a storage facility and deal with moving all the time!) that you could turn the matress sideways and fit it through a normal size door

Falling Down was a great movie. We’ve all felt that way “If just ONE more thing goes wrong...”

I saw it in the movie theater when it came out, and haven’t seen it since.. i liked it enough, and it was very relatable- but it’s one of those flicks i never have to see again , maybe just because it was so dark.

My worst was probably fedex several times during the pandemic.

I do have a funny recent one though. I was renting a storage unit in Bangkok to move the bed out of my second bedroom to put in a desk and make an office. As I was enquiring about the sizes of the units and them asking about what was going inside etc they argued with me (very politely) through about 5 emails that a medium size unit would not work because the door was not wide enough to get the bed inside. It never occured to them (people who work in a storage facility and deal with moving all the time!) that you could turn the matress sideways and fit it through a normal size door
I have this sneaking suspicion that this post is not about FedEx, storage units, or mattresses. :covri::sparky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom