You're Gonna LOVE This Read! Henderson's Commentary (1 Viewer)

GwinnettSaint

Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Very nice article. Thanks for sharing. This felt good for me-since I live in Atlanta. Season ticket holder of 7 years from Shreveport. I make a game per month in the dome each season.

SHOE21

Channel Rat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Henderson writes: "There's something happening here. What it is may not be exactly clear..."

Sounds like Jim may have been an old Buffalo Springfield listener, "For What it's Worth".

Trobmacho

Reaction score
great article, noticed something

when i read jim henderson, i hear his voice doing the reading in my head, i cant think of many other articles i read that do that. the guy is as good as they come.

SoonerJim

Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember the two "Big Ben" Atlanta plays, and I think the scores were 20-17 each time. this is loooong overdue.

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember the two "Big Ben" Atlanta plays, and I think the scores were 20-17 each time. this is loooong overdue.
I remember being on the levee in Audubon Park listening to one of those games... I will never forget how I felt when the Big Ben was completed. That's when my hatred of the Falcons began.

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jim Henderson's the MAN... I really miss living in New Orleans so I could turn down the volume on my T.V. & turn up Saints radio.

SaintsFanInNY

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Henderson writes: "There's something happening here. What it is may not be exactly clear..."

Sounds like Jim may have been an old Buffalo Springfield listener, "For What it's Worth".
I caught that reference too. Now I have the song stuck in my head darnit. Good read though.

OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's right!

We lost those two games that year by the same 20-17 score.

But what was even WORSE...

The following year, the Saints were in overtime with the Falcons in the Dome 34-34, when Russell Erxleben misshandled a punt near his goal line, tried to throw a pass, and it was intecepted by the Falcons for the winning points.

Thus they beat us the following year in the Dome by exactly double the score from the previous losses. (Or the sum total of both games) 40-34 :(

However I do remember us getting payback in Atlanta later that year. Whew! :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)