You're the Saints staff (1 Viewer)

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
If you are part of the Saints staff, who is your biggest target for FA, and why? I may be in a minority, possibly not, but I think Corey Williams should be our number one target.

DT is a massive need for us, and something that may be hard to fill in the draft. With Sedrick Ellis and Glen Dorsey most likely gone when we pick, Corey Williams looks to be a must in FA.

DT is where it all starts for our defense. The pass rush last year was our biggest problem, not the secondary. Without a strong pass rush we couldn't forfill what I believe to be the key focus for a defence, 3rd down stops. Corey Williams is a tremendous pass rusher who will not only make sacks himself, but free up space for our monsters on the outside.

My final reason for Corey being our no.1 target is we need youth and fitter players at DT. Hollis is about as fast a my 3 year old sister except 200 times heavier, and Brian, after pneumonia, will never have the same fitness level, I think.

I would right the saints past draft woes and get Trufant

The problem is that the Packers are in great shape to resign Williams. He is their only free agent to sign. He has stated that he would like to stay in GB, and would give them a hometown discount. No way they franchise him though.

The problem is that the Packers are in great shape to resign Williams. He is their only free agent to sign. He has stated that he would like to stay in GB, and would give them a hometown discount. No way they franchise him though.

Skimming through another thread I think I read that the Pack weren't going to sign back Williams, if I had the effort to find the link I would, but, unfortunately, I don't.

I say we have to resign a bunch of guys like Faine Patten Moore Goodwin colston and Evans. Will Smith has to prove he can be a force at RE another season like this one and I would almost say let him walk and go get someone who can rush the passer. Before you all kill me for that I do want to keep Smith but I think that he is getting paid fairly at this point and telling him to wait will give him some incentive to play hard. As far as FA goes we need to prepare as if the draft will not help us at all. Corey Williams should be priority one for us because of his ability to get a big push in the middle (which may also help Smith get more one on ones). Second we need a MLB and the only MLB that is is worth bringing in in FA is Donatatious Thomas from the Vikings, he is stuck behind EJ Henderson and wants more playing time and will probably leave Minn. to get it this off season. The good thing about Thomas is that he will not be a huge money guy and will give us the flexibility to still draft a MLB in round 2-5 if we want to bring up. Finally we NEED a CB bad MM may not be ready, David did not look good, Craft is a 3rd CB, Young is unproven and FT well let me just say thanks for the memories. Samuels Trufant and Asomugha are going to want too much money even if they make it to FA. The two guys that I would like are Travis Fisher and William James, both have fought back from injuries through their respective careers but I think they could be steals and definitely could help us if we end up not drafting someone or if MM can't come back ASAP. As for the draft I would lean toward FS CB and OLB but not limit myself to that.

AS for the O bring back Miller at TE and a young guy to go along with Campbell. At WR it all depends on what the staff thinks Meach will be able to contribute this season. I would just hate to give money to someone when Brees could make me and Supa Saint look like Pro Bowlers......

Corey Williams should be priority #1 at DT....but in case he decides to stay with the Packs, then maybe we should take a hard look at D Robertson from the Jets....the Jets might want to trade him, and he might be the best DT compared to those in FA...

The two guys that I would like are Travis Fisher and William James.

We can't just keep signing/tradinf for mediocre corners like this. If the money is there we should push hard to get one of the 3 elite corners, I like Asmougha the most because I believe he will be the cheapest of the 3 but is also the best. Passing up on guys like this every because they cost 50-60 million doesn't get you a championship, it gets you the 10th overall pick. Corey and Nhamdi is the dream FA for me, which is realistic to a point.

Corey Williams and Faneca.

There are no great FA MLB's worth the money. Briggs would have to be moved to a position hes never played, coming from a cover 2 system (where the Safety helps him alot), all while getting paid out the butt for it.

Draft Mayo in the 2nd!!

We can't just keep signing/tradinf for mediocre corners like this. If the money is there we should push hard to get one of the 3 elite corners, I like Asmougha the most because I believe he will be the cheapest of the 3 but is also the best. Passing up on guys like this every because they cost 50-60 million doesn't get you a championship, it gets you the 10th overall pick. Corey and Nhamdi is the dream FA for me, which is realistic to a point.

I do understand that but we need to draft a CB not pay out the you know what and blow all the ca for one player. Besides there are not 3 elite CB's on the market only one. Asante is the only one that will hit the market and to me signing him is not worth loosing out on resigning Colston Evens Faine Goodwin and taking a good run at Corey Williams. if we could do all that and get Samuel then fine but why break the bank on a Patriot that may not be as good as we think. I like Samuel and I think he is the real deal but lets face it the Patriots started Rookie Gay and won a Super Bowl, Tebucky Jones looked great until we traded for him, Branch has not done much in Seattle, RT Tom Ashworth is barely starting in Seattle, and Ty Law was not as good in NYJ or KC as he was in NE. I am just scared of dumping that kind of money into a guy after what I saw no pass rush did to Champ Bailey this season....

Corey Williams and Faneca.

There are no great FA MLB's worth the money. Briggs would have to be moved to a position hes never played, coming from a cover 2 system (where the Safety helps him alot), all while getting paid out the butt for it.

Draft Mayo in the 2nd!!

Mayo did not start over Mitchell what makes everyone love him so much????

I have not started looking at Mayo yet but wasn't he second string last season when Marvin Mitchell was playing there????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom