YouTube Sunday Ticket Pricing (Update - pricing announced) (4 Viewers)

I dont think works with vpn as they block it.

They may change it in time but the other streaming services like direct tv stream, hulu live and fubo tv would also have to change. Also works on cbs.com. Used to work on fox.com but they changed it 2 seasons ago. They have to allow people to travel with their service so must be why they've stuck with using geolocation to determine location.

Yeah, I think the way to do it involves spoofing a geolocation with an app. I just think that given their investment on this particular package, they're probably going to enhance their detection of unusual location activity.

On an android device that's how is done but on a pc is easier than that in the developer tools section of a browser. If youtube tv changes then could always go to one of the streaming services for it being they havent made the same investment with the nfl?

Yes, I suppose that's true. All you need is a sub on a service that lets you access the local network affiliates.

the NFL really needs to consider (I know they don't care) having a way for actual SEASON TICKET HOLDERS to get a discounted Sunday Ticket Plan. I miss half the games every year because of travel, but it sure would be nice to see the games on the Sunday Ticket. I might need to get an eyepatch, even though I don't wanna to be a pirate.

I have to think that Google’s ability to prevent pirating is going to be better than DirectTV or the old broadcast networks.

the NFL really needs to consider (I know they don't care) having a way for actual SEASON TICKET HOLDERS to get a discounted Sunday Ticket Plan. I miss half the games every year because of travel, but it sure would be nice to see the games on the Sunday Ticket. I might need to get an eyepatch, even though I don't wanna to be a pirate.

I think the biggest issue there is that they’re completely separate lines of business through different entities. Stadium season tickets are managed through the teams as a revenue item for the individual franchise - and the Ticket is through the League’s broadcast partners office. I don’t think the league itself has any activity at all associated with season tickets.

The thing about this is that the NFL doesn’t really need to care about pirated streams - it sells the broadcast package to the networks and that’s their problem.

I suppose that eventually it becomes a shared problem but as long as the networks are competing to throw huge piles of money at the NFL, it’s not really the league’s problem if people are pirating.

I got the Red Zone Channel for free as a Saints season ticket holder last year. I hope the Saints do the same thing this season.

The broadcast rules are that one of the two Sunday networks gets the double-header and the other gets a single game. In any given market, the local game will always be one of those three games, so yes, if the other network has a game at that time, you can switch to the other game.

What I'm talking about is the market blackout rule that says the local game must be shown and can only be available through the network. For example, you can't watch the local game on the Sunday Ticket, you have to go to the network. Similarly, if you're on a streaming service like Verizon, you can only watch the local game.

It's called a "regional blackout".

I hate this. Happens to me everytime Pelicans play the Rockets. Very difficult to work around with VPNs, the streaming services don’t let you stream while running a VPN anymore and on my iPhone it always requests location using a geo tracker.

I hate this. Happens to me everytime Pelicans play the Rockets. Very difficult to work around with VPNs, the streaming services don’t let you stream while running a VPN anymore and on my iPhone it always requests location using a geo tracker.

Yeah I have the same problem when the Pels play at Charlotte - I basically can’t watch it despite having paid for the full season package and living in the local network region for Charlotte. Pretty perverse result.

When the regional rights are sold to networks that charge for their season package, the whole “regional blackout” thing makes no sense . . . except to guarantee more money to the leagues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom